Bug Jam?

Taylor :)

I don't get much choice about it, our company has one of the biggest stands there - Cool Air - come and say hello as I don't get to look around much due to working the show :rolleyes:

Ahh rightt ill probably be the one gauping at your car coz ive got a yellow one and need ideas for it!

yeah i dont know anybody on here so would be good if we all met up there :)

Edited by Taylor :)

haha mines the fantasia green one ... (i tell ppl its kawasaki green tho it makes me feel faster :P lol )

nuffin to look at on it tho its still standard tbh :/

ive only had it a few weeks after writing my first car off an had to work my ass off like a slave so aint dun nuffin to it lol

but yea will be nice to meet ppl when there :)

[quote name=Taylor :)' date='15 June 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1276638367' post='815159]

Ahh rightt ill probably be the one gauping at your car coz ive got a yellow one and need ideas for it!

yeah i dont know anybody on here so would be good if we all met up there :)

haha mines the fantasia green one ... (i tell ppl its kawasaki green tho it makes me feel faster :P lol )

nuffin to look at on it tho its still standard tbh :/

ive only had it a few weeks after writing my first car off an had to work my ass off like a slave so aint dun nuffin to it lol

but yea will be nice to meet ppl when there :)

Haha thats a great idea! might need a new name for mine so people think its fast! lol OOO at least you now have a lupo though!

Oh right maybe i wont then lol splitty or bay?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name=Taylor :)' date='23 June 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1277325293' post='817521]

Haha thats a great idea! might need a new name for mine so people think its fast! lol OOO at least you now have a lupo though!

Oh right maybe i wont then lol splitty or bay?

I'll be going, just for the day on Sun. Haven't been in years! First time in a watercooled, too. Can't wait! :shades:

That yellow Beetle in your picture looks the same colour as my old '73 although I can't tell by that picture as it is too small... They are a bit different after the colour though!

Scotty, heres one of mine before I sold it :(

PICT1054.jpg

It had to go as I was paying to store it and not using it, was a shame to have it just sit there under a cover. Was so sad when I sold it as I'd been given it as a 15th birthday present and when I sold it I was about 28 -29 :( ........ I still have my '71 Bus though B)

Got my ticket in the post this morning !

If we could get a club stand sorted I'm sure Fernando and I would be happy to represent.

Thats probably the best B day present i could think of at that age, persoanally id have changed the wheels and would have loved it like an adopted african child . :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

Pics of beetle please :shades:

In his shinier days!

10.jpg

26.jpg

My 1st car, driven daily for the past 6 years, until this year when I have had to put him away to rest for a while :( Hence the Lupo!

I had it restored not long after I bought it. My tastes have changed a bit since, so I'd love to restore it again soon and sort some of the issues it has.

sorry didnt reply earlier only just checked this topic but yea i wish i had my lupo at the moment .... gearbox getting replaced at garage so not got me own car at moment =[

but hoping i can get it down to bug jam tho

the cars called jesse now tho cos its a big girl tht breaks :P haha

I think i might have to have that done as it's making weird noises :/

And i think you should stick to calling it a boy!

Me and friends have decided to call it "lily the lemon" lol

Got my ticket in the post this morning !

If we could get a club stand sorted I'm sure Fernando and I would be happy to represent.

I'd deff be up for it :) if not just meet up before and have a little convoy down there? even though im only fromm up the road :L

[quote name=Taylor :)' date='12 July 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1278945716' post='822808]

I think i might have to have that done as it's making weird noises :/

And i think you should stick to calling it a boy!

Me and friends have decided to call it "lily the lemon" lol

Thats probably the best B day present i could think of at that age, persoanally id have changed the wheels and would have loved it like an adopted african child . :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

Yeah I lucked out that year eh? ;) I did 'love it like an adopted african child' for years! When I got it it had no windows, no doors, no wings, a seized engine and was an inch deep in water on the inside :lol:

First rebuild saw it painted (by me and my dad) in ford purple violet with 2" wider fibreglass wings and 8" wide weller's in white. Then dad taught me to drive in it and I kept it like that for a few years until I got itchy for a bigger engine. So I re built the engine with more power, different cam and twin carbs. Fitted disc brakes etc. Then it was looking a bit tatty so I decided to re build it....

Spend a few thousand on it to make it how that picture is, at the time 17" wheels were new to the air cooled scene and I did the 'racing' fuel filler in the bonnet before I saw it anywhere else although I remember a Beetle in a magazine before mine was back on the road. I drove it to a few shows and then parked it up as I didnt want to use it as a daily driver anymore....

About five years later it was still parked up and I was still paying for it to be there so decided to sell it :( regret it ever since really but at least it is being used now I guess.

Like I said, I still have my '71 Bus plus a Mk1 Gti 20v turbo, Mk1 Caddy, Lupo and my daily Mk4 Golf so I think I have enough cars in the stable! :blink:

yea mine was makin weird noises so i just turned the stereo up an ignored it :coffee: .... then one day i pulled off a set off lights an it sounded like sumin was comin thru me floor an lost all power so ya no ...... lol

but naa cars sud have girls names my last car was norma an this ones jesse ;)

haha fair nuff hope u nice to lily :P lol

OOO dearr :/ I got told if im lucky it could just mean i need new gearbox oil so i'll try that with fingers crossed!

Well my mums beetle is called Dudley! on the way home from buying it we spent a good few hours trying to think what to call her lol

Club Lupo sticker arrived today :D

That beetle looks great! don't think i could of sold it rreally lol

love how this has become a busy thread ..... its cos im here an thats just how cool i am :thumbsup: haha

but yea gd luck with ya gearbox mine was cos the diff was screwed lol

an yea mate ya suda kept the bettle but changed the wheels it was nice man ..... i wuda looked after it for ya ;)

scott