714GT's Lupo Sport

714GT

I figured now was as good a time as any to start a thread on here for my Lupo.

I picked her up on Saturday 24th.

Previous to the Lupo this is my car (she still is mine, just not my daily).

Mk3 Polo GT

P1010301-3.jpg

Not a lot to tell at the moment in terms of the Lupo, but I'll post a couple of pictures up and get down what I can about it.

I think a few people will recognise it already :P

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39148&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Engine

1.4 16v (100bhp standard)

BMC CDA

Chassis

15x7 OZ Turbo's

Lowered On KW Coilovers

Body

Moon Silver

GTi Spoiler

Debadged Grill

De-Notched Bonnet (needs sorting out though)

Rubstrips removed

Slightly flared arches

Cambridge Rear Lights

Smoked headlights

Cupra Splitter

De - Wipered

Front Aero Wipers

Interior

GTi Seats

GTi Headliner

Theres a few bits that need doing to it, but all in good time.

To Do List;

Sort Bonnet out and get resprayed

Respray front bumper

Few interior bits to acquire and fit (as a lot of it was removed by the guy that had it before)

Get another set of wheels so the Splits can come off and be rebuilt. (plan to have the centers painted and the roof wrapped in the same colour)

Then a few bits I'd like to do but aren't necessary right now.

Gloss black or colour code exterior black plastics.

Flare the arches a bit more, maybe

...and probably a few other things but I'll leave it at that for now.

Not many pictures just yet. But you get the basic idea.

98b8b07d.jpg

54489aa1.jpg

57fa2c9d.jpg

053a4cf6.jpg

Only had her a week but already started trying to get stuff up to scratch.

Bought a few parts this week.

I went into VW and ordered the bits I'm missing for the back.

Already have the seats, so ordered the rear lower door cards, the part that the seats clip into, the bolts to hold the seats down and some other plastic trim bits. Considering they were from VW they weren't that expensive. :)

Should have them for next week too.

The splits aren't in a great condition, pretty much all of them are curbed, pretty dull, couple of random flat bolts and a couple of ships in the paint but I plan to get them taken off once I find a replacement set of wheels and get new dishes and bolts and have the centers painted.

I had a go at the dishes with some metal polish this week just to try get them looking a little better;

Before

ff978eee.jpg

After

30a4c2e4.jpg

Still not perfect, but better than they were.

Already getting quotes in for new dishes all round and new bolts, just to decide on a colour to get them painted.

Its certainly different to driving the polo and theres a way to go yet, but I'll get there eventually.

This thread won't have as many updates as when it was last on here but I'll try keep it updated as and when stuff happens.

*edit* I found the original thread :)

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39148&st=180

Edited by 714GT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy's old car! Went to look at this when he had it, really nice. Wheels suit it a treat imo.

I saw this driving around town before i had my sport and it just made me want one even more!

Would of bought it if it wasnt for the airbags :(

Looks like a good base project - fair bit done already. Look forward to seeing progress on it!

True, there has been a few things done already but a fair few of them still need a bit of work on them to get it spot on.

Like the bonnet notch, needs re doing completely because the paint has bubbled up and water has got in and its rusting a little on the under side of the bonnet.

Spoiler needs re-painting, most of the interior plastics need replacing because they're either missing, damaged or have random screw holes in.

But like you said, a good base :lol:

True, there has been a few things done already but a fair few of them still need a bit of work on them to get it spot on.

Like the bonnet notch, needs re doing completely because the paint has bubbled up and water has got in and its rusting a little on the under side of the bonnet.

Spoiler needs re-painting, most of the interior plastics need replacing because they're either missing, damaged or have random screw holes in.

But like you said, a good base :lol:

Nice car plenty work done already, but always nice to put your own stamp on it & make it your own

Gary

Cool name, maybe I'll use it from now on then eh?

Mines not stealthie either... it's actually Neil although most of the time I'm called Spindle :blink:

And you don't have as far to go as me, you seen my thread?! I've got loads of work :(

Cool name, maybe I'll use it from now on then eh?

Mines not stealthie either... it's actually Neil although most of the time I'm called Spindle :blink:

And you don't have as far to go as me, you seen my thread?! I've got loads of work :(

Spindle..... its different :lol:

I haven't seen your thread but I shall have a look see :)

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of pictures (a bit behind the times)

Soundproofing, what lovely stuff.

It's everywhere in the car; all in the rear of the car

IMG_2151.jpg

Behind the panels,

IMG_2152.jpg

Behind the door cards, even on the door hinges!

This I have yet to encounter.

SP_A0457.jpg

We spent ages taking the damn stuff out (still more to go). Managed to get it all out of the back for now. Will take the rest out as and when we come to replace/change new bits.

Disconnected some of the wiring that was left in from the last guy.

Just need to figure out where i goes from the engine bay through the dash so I can take it out.

Got a new battery too :P

On the look out for some replacement wheels still so the splits can come off.

Should hopefully be able to go and get some paintwork done soon too.

:)

• 5 months later...

Its been a while since I updated this but since I did last update I have had the following things done;

New cambelt

New clutch

Bought some 2 inch dishes

I'me leaving the splits on the car as they are over winter as they're not getting any worse, so I'll get some other replacement wheels when I get ready to split the splits in the new year.

35818_403407347678_500247678_4064431_7680607_n.jpg

Wrapped my roof with a custom designed pattern (by me)

Did this today and y'know, I'm quite proud. :)

39607_503309090223_283200055_43118_8037141_n.jpg

67a1e31d.jpg

149212_458257102678_500247678_5205471_1749443_n.jpg

ad4cb795.jpg

I've also replaced a fair few "missing" interior bits.

Bought new rear plastics (the pockets at the side of the seats and the bit that covers the seatbelts), new parcel shelf, new front lower door cards and that little tiny sunvisor thing over the rear view mirror.

Only a couple more bits to get and then I can get on with trimming stuff on the interior.

:)