Murderation Station

mk1_polo

sorry if this is a really dumb question but what are them wheels? i mean what are they off, because ther gawjuss, and you mentioned your wheels where polished in cov, i dunno wheather you will say but if you will how much did it cost you? id love to do mine but i dont really have the time :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Jennings... they are Porsche 928 winter wheels, 7x16, et65. it was my Pslots that were polished by pureklas in Cov, not these. iirc correctly it was 45 per wheel.

@ croakey.... I hear you dude, but I like these wheels a lot, and wont be going any smaller. in fact, I tried to get a set of 8.5x17 autostrada Monzas earlier this year.

Frame of the car should sit on the floor on full drop.

Doesn't look like its on full drop there ;)

have you seen cars that fully sit on the floor, sills down for the entire length of the car? like the Rayvern jetta and that tubbed mk1 from Worthersee? imo they look awful, not well stanced, just looks like there is something wrong with it! air isnt just about getting as low as poss.

cheers, the only set i can find is £800, thats more then my cars worth ahah, are you from coventry then or did you send them off? id love to get mine done but another 180 on my ps that have already cost me 250 is a lot for ps in my opinion ill just buy some new wheels :P

porsche 928 winter cults.

I'd personally look at running some 15's/14's to make the most of that air ride , if you've got it flaunt it :)

Even 15's would be too big!

Due to my shorter shocks mine scrub the tops of my arches everynow and then and I'm not as dropped as that out back.

16's fill the arch perfectly and as Mk1_polo said.. once the 8's are on the back and a bit of camber added (if needed) IT should have some lip to lip action going on.

To be quite honest being slammed is about arch gap not how close it is in relation to the floor.

I like these wheels a lot, and wont be going any smaller. in fact, I tried to get a set of 8.5x17 autostrada Monzas earlier this year.

17" is just about doable with air and silly thin tires. hmm possible angle worth exploring :shades: again ?

Jowey, we have spoke n about this! 17's will be easy ;)

@mk1_polo, it looks cool, i was being a little sarcastic with the rear comment. i couldnt go any lower on the back without either slimmer wheels or more camber so i dont expect, just because you are on air, for you to be able to :)

unfortunately i AM static all the way, but at the end of the day, whatever you have to do to get it sitting on the floor, whether its flip a switch (air) or drive slowly and carefully everywhere you go (static) its all the same in the long run! ;)

some people just have more money than others, thats all ;):lol:

cheers, the only set i can find is £800, thats more then my cars worth ahah, are you from coventry then or did you send them off? id love to get mine done but another 180 on my ps that have already cost me 250 is a lot for ps in my opinion ill just buy some new wheels :P

£800 is about right, I paid 700 for mine a few years ago. mine were on that Golf+ cover car mk1 golf, the brown one on air which now rides on 14" steffans. mine came with newish 165/40 nankangs.

youve spent 250 on Ps? what have you done to them? actually i spent quite a bit on mine... 110 for the wheels, 200 iirc on the alloy centre caps, 240ish on the tyres.

17" is just about doable with air and silly thin tires. hmm possible angle worth exploring :shades: again ?

I remember Heartagram mentioned fitting 17s on his Lupo ages ago, think he had his eye on some 17" passat winters or something like that, think they were 6" wide which would have made it easier. really wanted the Monzas but at 8.5" wide, think they would have been too much of a squeeze.

Me and Jezza trial fitted some 17x7J TSW Venoms on the back of my old Arosa.

Sadly with 195's the wheels hit the rear bumper :lol:

I do think the right wheels, Done right would work very well.

Admittedly from certain angles might look a bit odd,

however with the added in the ability of dumping the car down lower over

a set of massive hoops and then popping it up to a height where you can actually manoeuvre it for me is

definitely progress.

It's a different look, to the static daily but one I still fully appreciate.

have you seen cars that fully sit on the floor, sills down for the entire length of the car? like the Rayvern jetta and that tubbed mk1 from Worthersee? imo they look awful, not well stanced, just looks like there is something wrong with it! air isnt just about getting as low as poss.

Yes have seen the Rayvern Jetta and tubbed mk1. Everyone to there own i guess ;)

£800 is about right, I paid 700 for mine a few years ago. mine were on that Golf+ cover car mk1 golf, the brown one on air which now rides on 14" steffans. mine came with newish 165/40 nankangs.

youve spent 250 on Ps? what have you done to them? actually i spent quite a bit on mine... 110 for the wheels, 200 iirc on the alloy centre caps, 240ish on the tyres.

i must admit they are beautifull wheels but on my car that originally cost £700 its not an option :P i think id rathewr spend the money on a wrap,

yer i payyed 100 for the wheels minus tyres as there a nice clean set and dint have a single bit of curbing then another 150 on cheap nankangs, there a nice budget wheel but i cant say id pay to have them polished id have to do it myself to justify it :):o 200 for centre caps? more then you payyed for the wheels :)

• 4 months later...

To be quite honest being slammed is about arch gap not how close it is in relation to the floor.

amen sister! :wub:

the back could go down about another inch just by cutting the bumpstops in half, but I am now on the lookout for 60mm adapters or 20mm stub axle spacers for the rear, to make the wheels fill the arches better. was after 8" rears for a while but I would rather keep 7" all round with additional spacing.