VW Teeside (ebay shop)

hunid-brake

Hi all i recently posted up inquiring about lower front bumpers. I decided to buy a brand new one as i hit a rabbit at speed and cus the car is slammed the rabbit cracked the honeycomb grill and the silver horizontal. So i went on ebay and saw VW TEESIDE selling a brand new official VW front lower bumper. It was £60, £15 postage. I also needed a new towing eye cover, and they said these could be bought as well for £6.50 a piece. Fantastic put the order in and paypal'd the money to them. Delivery was estimated within 5 days max. I got a confirmation email from them saying it was dispatched on the 10th but no it didnt turn up 6 days later so i emailed them and they said it was being dispatched that day. Apparently the towing eye covers were on back order. I made the point of saying, dont advertise stuff you dont actually yet have and they said they had mailed me to tell me but ebay messenger had lost the mail lol. Eventually i get the bumper and much to my displeasure its not been correctly constructed. Basically one of the tongues had been bent down during manufacture when pushing the parts together and one of the tongues had bent down and not been plastic welded to the corresponding slot. This meant the other tongues weren't fully in when they were melted together meaning there is a gap along the whole front. I managed to pull the tongue out but it was deformed as it had been held in that position for god knows how long. I contacted them and sent them pictures and they said that it was visually checked and it was fine before it was dispatched. Lying lovely persons as they couldnt of missed it and he implied i had done it. well he was very rude and said to send it back so i have. Vw aparently are doing a claim on it so f knows when ill get my part. I just wanted to say dont use these pricks as its more expensive than the dealer, more hassle and they are so rude and obnoxious. Please dont put money in these guys pockets as they are a bunch of jerks. ahhhhhhh i feel much better.

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

how in greek buggery was that not picked up when "visually inspected"???????

Edited by hunid-brake

I used them, they offer a delocking set, I even enqiured if I needed the dummy barrels, they said no, when it came, no surprise I did need them, and they were cheap crappy Chinese copies, genuine my arse.

Got my confort indicator kit from them too, VERY overpriced, but I didn't know what it was for, so just bought it from them.

yeah its not so much the service and price, which was crap, its how rude and obnoxious they were when corresponding with them. They wanted to make out that i had done it, or that it was fine when they sent it out. When i did get a reply after i sent it back they even had the cheek to say it wasn't as bad as the pictures suggested???!! Pictures dont f ing lie!! Thats how it is and was you numpty. And anyway i dont care, my bumper on the car only has a crack in the beam and the honeycomb it could probably be repaired but i want my car to be PERFECT. I said i intend to take it to shows so i dont care if YOU dont think its not too bad, if its not perfect im not paying for it you helmet!! grrrrr, i personally will never be going through them again, for all the hassle you are better off going to the pretentious con artists at your local stealership (well Murrays VW in Plymouth, i dont know if yours are any good?). As for feedback on ebay, im gunna enjoy doing that when i finally get a worthy bumper.

yeah they probably are but i refuse to go to my local dealer as ive had such horrendous times with them. Teeside VW get there parts direct from the dealer, whack a surcharge on and make a little profit but it all adds up with lots of transactions. They need to work on their delegation abilities and understand the customer is always right, especially when the customer blatantly is bloody right.

Seriouly mate, don't even bother with Murry in Plymouth, bunch of a-holes, it was a little bit further for me, but started using the Newton abbot branch of Murry and the parts advisor was my best friend in primary school and gives me a cheeky discount as well lol, he knows his VW's which helps as well, sorry to hear about your bad experience thoug and good luck finding the part you need!!!

Cheers, james.