BBS RM & TH MONO advice & help (please!)

R99

Hi Guys,

Right, I am new to the VW world having had two MINI's previous. So my questions might be really simple, apologies if they are! :blush:

I have the possible opportunity to buy some BBS RM's with blue centres. They are 7.5" front & 8.5" rear. 15" 4x100. The seller doesn't know the ET, but he bought them from a Lupo GTI owner.

Condition wise they are very good with no kerbing, and one small mark that you have to look for. The centre caps are included.

He also has some Toyo Proxies (194/45?) that he took off the alloys when he bought them, which he would sell me with the BBS.

He is after £800 posted, does that sound a good price?

So basically I am just after some help from you guys, I have two main questions:

1) What are they worth (with tyres & without)?

2) Will they fit my GTI without having to do arch modification and/or causing the tyres to scrub? I ask this because I have AP coilovers waiting to go on, and I plan on reducing the ride height a fair bit too.

Thanks in advance! :shades:

Edited by R99

From reading threads on here, i very much doubt you will be able to put them on with out arch work.

From the little knowledge i have, most RM's start out in life at about 6.5" wide with an et of around 36.

Adding 2 inchs the the outside of the wheel will make the et pretty low. The 195/45 tyres wont help either, you would need to run skinnier tyres i would imagen, out side on the limits the manufactuer recommends.

People think that the lupo gti has wider archs than a normal lupo, it does, but it also has a wider track.... I have seen someone say once that they think you could get wider/lower et wheels on a non-gti

These wont fit right if running low on these tyres without major arch work my mate has 8's on the back with same size tyres and they rub with arces rolled and adjusters in so unless you ran a dangerous stretch or got your arches properly pulled your not gonna get them to fit right. Maybe work ok on a 185/45 but thats still gonna be pushing it. Hope that helps

Sam

Im running 7" on the front and 7.5" on the rear,with 165/50/15 tyres its on coilovers with the rear

adjusters removed,and ive rolled the rear arches,its perfect no rub what so ever

personally think 8" are to wide if its slammed,but its going to rub for england on 8.5"

a nice compromise is 7" all round you can slam it it still drivable

heres a pic

DSCF0008.jpg

Ok, I have another question about the TH MONO's

Will the following specs fit with the plans I have to lower?

7J x 15

100 PCD

ET40 Offset

62mm centre hole

Sorry guys, but I'm a total noob when it comes to this! :blush:

Edited by R99

They make 7" Monos?! May need to get some as the 8a scrub my front arches.

I've never seen 7" mono's normally 8"!?

Edited by Dazz

Well, they list 7" wide TH MONO's on the Dubmesiter website.

These are the wheels I have bought, pick them up on Tuesday. They look the same as TH MONO, but they are branded with "COMPOMOTIVE" & "RALLYE" on them.

7J x 15

100 PCD

ET40 Offset

62mm centre hole

comp.jpg

They need a refurb as they have gravel rash from their previous life as rally car wheels. I just need to decide on what colour to go with now (suggestions?!)

Then get some tyres sorted, what size would be best?

Edited by R99

They're proper rally ones, surely white is the only option!

Not sure how it would look against the grey paint though.

195/45's, no need to stretch, they'll fit under your arches nicely. :)

Edit: if not white, go for silver, IMO. :)

Edited by Philplop

Mint, thanks for that tip. Will ring them in the morning to find out exactly which ones I need. :shades:

Hmm, I'm not sure if it could pull off white. I was thinking of maybe getting them done in anthracite, or silver is a potential option too.

Should I get the lettering highlighted of just left minimal?

I'm pretty happy with them. :)

I like the idea of the mirror polishing, but I'm guessing they will need lots of care and attention once they are done in order to prevent any corrosion etc?

How much £££ would I be looking at for a mirror polish refurb? :blink: