Insurance on 1.0L

LWeatherill

Confused.com

And try Churchill separately.

Try the insurance companies that other members of your household insure with because you sometimes get a discount if other people in your household are insured with them (I know Churchill give a well-worth it discount). Make sure you add older people onto the policy as named drivers 'just in case they want to borrow/drive your car' too because this can make it cheaper.

I found that insurance on a 1.4 was the same as the insurance on a 1.0 when I first started out, so you might want to look into that too. I'm guessing less 1.4's have been crashed by young lads, so statistically speaking you would be less likely to crash a 1.4 than a 1.0, I dunno.

By 1.4 I mean the 75 BHP version not the Sport.

G'luck.

Edited by NOCK

We cant guestimate as we dont know your details, best to cut out an internet forum and just go straight to the horses mouth for the info.

Look at it this way , if we all posted up that it wont cost more than £800 quid, you buy the car and then it turns out its going to cost £1500 your going to be pissed off so get ringing about and checking insurance sites.

How is that a big help ?

He may live in a great postcode with no crime rates , it could be garaged and on a limited miles policy .

You would have to have the same circumstances to get the same price which is almost impossible.

I'm 22, female and driving a 1.0 Lupo. I live just outside Norwich and passed my driving test January '09, got the Lupo the following May.

Price comparison sites gave me the lowest available quote as £600+ a year. I then went to Churchill and on TPFT I'm paying about £320 for the year, with multicar discount. It's my own policy and I'm the only driver on it. My first year of No Claims kicks in in May, so if that takes it down a good deal I'll move right up to fully comp.

You're getting unbelievable quotes! Granted, I'm a girl, but the lupo was my first car and at 17 during my first year of driving I was paying £770 - and that was with my suspension and alloys declared!

A year on, I'm now paying £550 a year. I'm with a female only insurance company but I'm sure you can get cheaper quotes than the ones you've been given so far :( try giving Bell or Admiral insurance a call, as they're sister companies of the one I use and usually give me the same quotes. :)

Edited by Amber

Renewing mine this year, the broker said all the premiums are going up across the board, so I think anyone who gets a better quote on last years is doing very well.

when i was 18 I think my 1st year was £1200 with the older bro as a named driver.

Year later with coilovers no std vw wheels and audio insured was £1100

this year its down to £800 :D

So reckon the supercharged sport engine will be going in next year :lol:

And that includes writing of a polo 6n2 before that (put down as a 50/50 tho)

I'm 17 and a girl but only got my provisional license at the moment. I'm paying £1300 fully comp for the standard 75bhp 1.4 with my mum as a named driver. Thats with Elephant, you're best ringing up because on the website they quoted me £1500 ish and they knocked it down to just under £1300 over the phone. :)

Edited by katiestalker

well depends ive looked into this as well , like ill have 1 yrs no calims in june (FINGERS CROSSED) lol , and only 1400 pound 4 me , oh and say ur employed and ur a clerical worker its much cheaper

:rolleyes:

That's fraud. It's illegal. And your insurance will be void. Unless of course you are employed as a clerical worker.