Performance of the Loop Gti

Ryn

Standard manufacturers figures quote this nutty little car as being 8.3 to sixty, which is about half a second slower than a Saxo VTS. However I feel that the car is quicker than this, has anyone done any timed runs of a standard Gti, and if so what kind of `0-60` is it coming out at?

Of course the `0-60` time of a car is no real indication of it's performance, but compared to the VTS the Gti has almost exactly the same power to weight ratio, but more torque lower down, so technically should be quicker.

Any thoughts?

think there have been some low 7s to 60 recorded in standard cars (some of the quarter milers will be able to give some details maybe), VW times are with two people and half a tank of fuel and the engines get quicker the mire miles you put on them.

Yer i think its faster than the figures show or at least it feels faster. and about the saxo my mate has the vts and i blow him away all the time!! like tigz says hit 3rd gear and ull b lookin in ur rear view mirror!!

The car certainly feels quicker to me than my mate's paxo even though he is quite a poor driver and can't really get the most out of his french piece of crap.

It makes me wonder why manufacturers figures vary so much, most of the Honda ones are pretty much spot on. It must be to get the car into a certain insurance group or something. the VTS is a group 14 car and the loop only group 11.

Top work VW biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

same power to weight ratio, but more torque lower down, so technically should be quicker.
Yep!!

Vw (not sure about other manufacturers) do their 0 to 60 times with one passenger and laugauge, so that must make some difference. I did a ruff 0.60 the other day (standard in the dry) and i got 7.3 but that is using the speedo so isnt very accurate.

Dude I dont think there is a "real" figure.

Each car is diffrent, so is every driver.

How cold it is, how much wear in the tyres, tempriture of the track.

All these things add to to diffreent times.

If anyone asks just say its quick enough.

They can take a mk3vr at pod, and thats enough for me.

QUOTE(Tigz)
Dude I dont think there is a "real" figure.

Each car is diffrent, so is every driver.

How cold it is, how much wear in the tyres, tempriture of the track.

All these things add to to diffreent times.

If anyone asks just say its quick enough.

They can take a mk3vr at pod, and thats enough for me.

yeah or if someone asks you could say something like.....

bloke: "so what car you got mate?"

you: " a lupo gti as it goes.....which it feckin does!"

actually maybe that's a bit crap! :? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I think generally speedos are 5% out. So at 100 indicated you are actually doing 95.

The `0-60` time on it isn't really important to me as there are better ways of measuring a car's performance. Just thought it odd that it had a quoted figure about half a second slower than what i'd timed mine at (7 and a half ish)

Funny cos with all the Hondas I've had it's really difficult to beat the quoted `0-60` time. Honda must run theirs with just the driver and about a thimble full of fuel in the tank biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I have raced a few 106 GTi's which is the same technically as a VTS.

With my standard engine there was very little in the `0-60` but once its into 3rd and 4th the Lupo starts building an advantage. By 90ish the Lupo has enough to pull out and pass the 106.

Not raced one with my mods but I have matched a Civic tyre R from `10-110` (it was driven by a lass but she was still trying).

If anyone mentions VTR then its no game as they are more a comparison for the Lupo Sport in terms of power.

the engines get quicker the mire miles you put on them

I must be the fastest on here then *lol* .....apart from Tim!

Without a doubt buddy.

The ride of the Loop on coils is better than anything I have ever experianced.

The 106 GTi was great, dont get me wrong its probably the fastest car that I have driven (what I meen by that is I could drive it faster than anything else) but it didnt take much skill.

The Loop imo takes more skill to drive correctly, but I think there is more control in the Loop than there is in the 106.

I would gladly take either of the two cars to a track and turn a few heads, but at theend of the day, take a Loop and your gonna do it with style 8)