Please help me choose - Want a lupo sport before XMAS!!!

thehammer

Hello all , you may have seen previous posts from myself regarding LUPO Sport 16v I am desperate for one but only have 4k cash and 1k part -ex price on my VW POLO. I'm having to go trade as need `part-ex` price and can't be arsed to sell mine privateley as it is white and no power steering! So things are tight!

There are 2 cars on autotrader at the moment taking my fancy? Can you click on the links below and tell me which you would go for and why? I would offer £3300 and my car for first link

2nd car link = £2800 plus my car for second one - could i get better offers in than that or about right? please help ! Sorry u will have to cut and paste into your browser if it doesnt click!

First car

Second car

Thanks Hammertime

Fixed link lengths - Snoopstah

i was thinkin that aswell! but that looks like a nice example of a lupo. why not try to sell your old car in the run up to christmas? how much would it be worth if you sold it privately? then take a couple hundred pound off that price and you are bound to get a quick sale. i was in the same boat as you last month and the garage were only gonna give me 1500 for my polo, i stuck it out and managed to sell it a week later for £2650.

No my polo is white no power steering , N reg with 54k on clock - i have a slight ding on back corner but trades aren't too bothered as it's about £80:00 worth of damage taht they can do at work shop plus one of my brushes on front left is hanging a bit - so if i sold privately i'd av to wait 2 weeks and pay out £100 for ding to be fixed and as soon as they test drive it they will notice car veers to one side and that its not got power steering. so it's just easier to do `part-ex` if you get me. privately it's prob worth £1600 in good nick so £1000 part -ex isn't too bad - av u ad chance to compare both loops? i like body kit on the modded one but milage quite high? but with the unmodded one it only has 22k on clock but is still quite an old car ...help me people

hammertime

Okay what kind of price lets say my part ex price is £1000 ive offered £3200 = £4200 - they said they would do a deal at £3800 and my car = £4800 but thats when the car was £4999 they slashed price to £4750 - I think I could do a deal at £3400 + my car which = £4400 ...am i kidding myself?

Would the age of the car concern you?

Hammertime

i would say you arent kidding yourself just hold out for the best deal and the best advice is walk away if they dont give it to you. There really are loads for sale so its not like you wont find another.

What car have you got? I would hold out for the very best deal you can get....

I say mileage is more important than age at this stage (i.e. no warranty)

I really want a black lupo but to put a different take on things there is a jazz blue for sale not sure on colour??? have a look see what you think anyway i emailed the trade and offered my car plus £2400 and he says we could have a deal! that would leave me £1600 to do the car up coils and body kit or alloys if you get me ... is it a good deal?

Clicky

Hammertime

Fixed link length - Snoopstah

I'd go for the 22k one as well out of the black ones but i'd still go for jazz blue overall! The dealers tried to persuade me out of jazz blue because they say it's hard to sell on but i like it and plenty of other people do too! Don't forget jazz blue is pearlescent too so looks quite dark in that pic, it can go nearly as light as soft blue.

on page 2 of readers rides loudlupo has an amazing yellow lupe with multispokes on and if I got the jazz blue lupo I'd style it it similar - a good look?

I'm just playing devils advocat - the black LUpo 22k - like the colour , red and black interior , it has air con - but only cash I would have left over is for some coilys?

If I got Jazz Blue - Milage is good, don't particularly like colour but could look sweet with skirts and lowered and `multi-spokes`? and i'd have the some money to do it up staright away ...

god I think too much!!!

need to take the plunge - anybody got any good examples of a modded jazz blue lupe?

honestly people am i looking at the right positives and negatives or should that Black Lupe with 22k win everytime bearing in mind i could get Coilys staright away?

Thanks

Hammertime

`Scroll-tastic` post biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I've got a widescreen display on my powerbook and I still have to scroll for 20mins side to side to see all the posts biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

My advice, buy the black one, the one with the red sport interior, not the post modded abt one.