Tom's Bagged Yellow & Purple Lupo

Tomjw

The rear is all the way down with adjuster removed and not too sure about the front but when i get on the drive like im usualy touching the floor with the bumper

Haha I no you should of seen the garages faces when they saw them babies! :P

Ahhh didnt think of that one! Ill remember that for next time :) haha

Just a few updates... Cars been on the drive for a week now so theres been time to sort everything out!...

- Gearbox rebuilt

- New fanbelt & tensioner

- Full service

- New brakes

- Clutch cleaned

- 2 new Maxxi tyres (Slightly wider on the rear)

- New VW steering wheel

- New boot carpet

- New space saver wheel with new Continental tyre

- New parcel shelf

- New D/S tracking rod & tracking sorted

Thats whats been done for now, Im hoping to change the headgasket and get the head skimmed aswell this month.

After all that it should HOPEFULY drive sweet as a nut :)

Now its ready for a sale :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ho's! Decided not to sell the loop now after the new gearbox and everything else and finaly get my head down and fix the main problems! But as usual im buying new wheels instead of fixing the engine haha. Hopefuly picking up some 15" White Lenso BSX's off my mate the weekend ready for Edition. Ive also ordered a new scuttle panel seen as mines snapped when I tried taking it off and an Aero wiper conversion kit from VW seen as the wipers off ebay sound like a donkey being fisted when I switch them on! Then im having the car mopped and resprayed the wiper arms back to matt black and also re-fitting the bumper (FINALY!) Anywhooo Ill get some pictures up soon when its sorted and ull probly see me at Edition on the sunday, Laterz!

Hey Hoes! I need some wheel advice... My mate is selling his 15" Lenso BSX's in white with newish stretched tyres for £200 which I think is a bloody good deal seen as theres no damage apart from the smallest kurbing which can be sanded down and refurbed. Ive heard some bad reviews about the Lenso's that they will rott if I dont constantly clean them and will look horrible. Is this true or are they a decent wheel? I think they will look the dogs bollox on the lupo, much better than the p sluts but just needed some advice first. I was thinkin of getting the centre sprayed in yellow to match the car. Cheers.

Just to clear which wheels they are:

bsx_white1.jpg

No worries dude, not many people like fake splits but I dont really want to buy wheels that worth more than my car. IMO Lenso's are great if you want the BBS look without forking out your life savings :)

Just a small update. Me & my mate have sorted a date out in October to sort my Lupo out with burning oil :) Booking a few days off work to get this sorted, should be easy enough as its a top end job and also "hopefuly" having bigger cams fitted along with carbs then a remap!

Righty ho! I just spend 3 hours washing, polishing, waxing and blacking the rubbers, wiper arms, mirror backing plates, badges and grill ready for the loop to go on her holidays to Devon, My arms are killing! frown.gif Never polished or waxed it before seen as its needs mopping more than anything but I thought id give it a go to see how it turns out...BONUS! biggrin.gif Tis shiney woop!

The results smile.gif

1.jpg

P9090033.jpg

P9090035.jpg

P9090034.jpg

Slight reflection but wasnt even one before! (Look very hard :P)

P9090032.jpg

New sticker :D

P9090036.jpg

Aas you can see its not exactly got a show winning shine but it much better than it was before! Like I said it needs mopping badly! & Yes I know I need to refit my bumper but anybody mentions it! :P

Haha it wasnt that bad before but I hit the nastiest pot hole ever which caused the self tappin bolt to snap off! which is why it hangs :( Cheers though :)

Could work but I hate cutting corners I would much rather take the whole bumper off, re-drill and re-fit to shape :)

Sorry im not in the "scene" :P haha Im getting fake splits end of :) Wheels are wheels end of the day, just another part of a car :D and na the bonnet isnt warped because its brand new lol! The whole front end is warped due to a previous crash but it was straightend out (Apparently) lol

Everyones entitled to their own opinion :) Im not having a go mate lol... I cant really afford BBS let alone anything at the minute, I owe my mom £1000 lol :/ So deffo budget project! & I know but the P/S is dropping lower than the D/S. Major warped haha you can tell when you look at the engine bay where the new panels have been replaced and are slightly off! The only way I can get it sorted if I have another badboy bonnet or get a bonnet bra to fill the gap lol! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Few updates. Got a new scuttle panel from VW as mine was cracked and was an eye sore!

Before:

03092010.jpg

After:

03092010007.jpg

Also replaced the nasty wipers and got a conversion kit from VW for the aero ones:

03092010003.jpg

Resprayed the speaker grills aswell:

07092010.jpg

& Also cut the silicone pipe down so the filter sits lower because it was hitting the underside of the bonnet!:

03092010002.jpg