f*cking bathursts

Hahaha, I feel your frustration.

Any quick way is a shortcut unfortunately... I usually spend about `5-15` minutes per wheel depending on how dirty they are.

The most effective shortcut is acid, but that's going nowhere near my wheels. If you do use it, try not to get it on the calipers as it turns them pink.

A toothbrush works pretty well for the holes. Make sure it's got a rubber end to prevent scratches, and those bristles that stick out at the top.

Spend more money on a toothbrush for your wheels than you would your own teeth.

short cuts to use those alloy wheel cleaner foams though i usually take mine down to the jet wash to clean the dust off them before applying some wax polish which seems to make them easier to clean next time.

Go to Halfords & get a Magnatax tax disk holder - they're about £2.

As for Bathursts... welcome to the world of lupo gti ownership! I use turtlewax alloy wheel cleaner (but not too frequently) and a 1" paintbrush to get into the tight corners...

Ive got some wonder wheels which is amazing stuff, but trying to just use normal car wash stuff, water & a sponge cos I dont want to burn the laquer off....why didnt they just make them without the little cutouts? ARGHH

i used a heavy coat of wax in those akward bits to try make it easier next time but it didnt seem to do much....looks like its just a long job and thats that.

Ive already got a 'posh' tax disc holder from my last car but need new sticky tabs

yes theres an idea have some muppet with a sponge thats been sat in a pile of gravel apply liberal amounts of fairy washing up liquid to my nice fresh paintwork then watch them jetwash my laquer / paint / wheelbearings and window seals away.

yeah the supaguard stuff is good, so is their tyre shine....where do u buy it though (apart from with a new car)

i've got an auto glym professional (oooo!) wheel brush and it's bloody brilliant (cost a tenner though!). i use wonder wheels...have done for about 10 years now i guess. i try to use it once every other wash. they are a pain in the ass though! good excuse to get some new rims methinks! :wink: