Roof gutters smoothed out?

DarkStryder360

You wil get more water than normal pouring through you window soaking your door card and seat bolster.

Used to be common to de-gutter Minis and Imps back in their heyday and this was exactly the same. Everything got wet.

just get some wind deflectors :)

Don't work. I had some on the Arosa to try and stop the drips of water when you opened the window, but whilst they are good, dare I say too good, at stopping wind entering the car, they don't stop water driping from above at all once the window is below the edge of the deflector.

smoothing roof gutters isn't a good idea and I will tell you for why.

car shells flex for a start, by putting removing the gutters you are stopping the shell from flexing.

If you have damage it is harder to repair,

You will have more water pouring down the sides of the car which puts unneccasery wear on window and door rubbers etc.

We did a fiesta at work a while ago, the chap wanted the roof gutters gone even though we told him otherwise. We welded long steel strips along the roof and smoothed it off like we would door handles etc. As the car flexes it struggles an gradually twists the metal strips which is making it look more ripply over time.

Don't just try and fill the gap with filler as this will cause you a lot of problems and to be honest look pants as it is too deep and will sink.

If I were you I wouldn't bother