Aero wipers

About six months ago I bought brand new Bosch Aero wipers for my GTI. They worked great.

However, about a month ago I took the wiper arms off to take off the wiper motor to get access to behind the dash. The wipers were off the car for a couple of days. Upon refitting one of the blades juddered really badly. I checked I'd got the wiper arm back on properly but no change. Bought a new wiper and its fine.

Moral of the story - if you are removing the aero wipers don't leave them off long because I think they lose their shape! Expensive lesson at twenty odd quid a set.

About six months ago I bought brand new Bosch Aero wipers for my GTI. They worked great.

However, about a month ago I took the wiper arms off to take off the wiper motor to get access to behind the dash. The wipers were off the car for a couple of days. Upon refitting one of the blades juddered really badly. I checked I'd got the wiper arm back on properly but no change. Bought a new wiper and its fine.

Moral of the story - if you are removing the aero wipers don't leave them off long because I think they lose their shape! Expensive lesson at twenty odd quid a set.

I had mine off to change the screen.... and now they judder all over the place on the way back down... Only a few months old.

Seems to be getting better now, a few weeks on.

When you buy them new do they come in some kind of packaging that keeps them bent then? As if not they would judder when you first get them?

They come in a box that keep them straight... When I fitted new ones, they juddered for a few days, but summer heat might have helped cure it.

When you buy them new do they come in some kind of packaging that keeps them bent then? As if not they would judder when you first get them?

Heh, mine (two sets now) have all juddered, straight from the box, it's rather annoying.

Check your wiper arms are true and flat on the motor (remove and refit) as if they are not it would cause this juddering at certain points on the screen. Also after a year and a half they start to fail and need replacing........never had an issue with mine or on the S3 and Golf apart from them getting old.