Project Snotbox - DEAD!

hodge112

Gorgeus...

:D

cheers man :)

Colour choice is definitely interesting.

Interesting in a good way?

Lovely colour :) I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Cheers Alex, i was aiming for something a little different, hopefully this is about right without going too far

Wonderfull

Thank you :)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, Stunning Colour

Ryan

Thanks Ryan :wave:

I'd say interesting in a different way, I wouldn't instantly choose that colour, but it is growing on me, and i have never seen one that colour before...

That's part of it's charm i suppose :)

Hopefully the car can do the colour justice

• 3 weeks later...

not much to update

starting refurbing the RM's, managed to get two of them in paint so far, and the tyres have been delivered too

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

the colour looks a little less... bad in natural light.

these should be going on the daily until the lupos ready, then the lupo can switch wheels how i see fit i guees..

heres a quick picture of the daily

DSCF0097.jpg

hopefully ill get all the wheels built up this week and be on by the weekend, maybe

Lovely cars, just read entire thread from start, progress was fast at first, then slowed down, glad to see you're back in the swing of things!

Looks awesome dude, keep it up

Cheers man, yeah all the ideas are there its just hard to get the motivation sometimes :wacko:

Crazy progress man! loving the look you had going with the alleycats, nice and tidy daily, but now its a full blown motor! love the work you've done to it mate, will be keeping an eye on this one :D

cheers dude, dont know how full blown it is right now, but hopefully it should have a few special bits on it anyway ;)

The Mk2 will look awesome on the gold RMs

Cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow found this thread through google somehow , and loved all the progress thats been made on this :) any more updates :D

What were you googling :surprised:, cheers dude

nothing much to update...

rear beam was flap wheeled down and zinc primered, undecided on what colour to do it right now

IMG_0611.jpg

the refurb on the RM's is pretty much done, just need to be sealed and the tyres to be fitted

IMG_0609.jpg

and also got the new engine for the lupo today too, this'll be the 3rd one to go in there now :shifty:

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

its only a 6n2 gti engine, but the car doesnt need anything too powerful tbh

i should start making up plates to smooth the engine bay this week too

cant wait to see this finished , wheels look great , :D any sneaky updates :D

thanks dude

small update...

the rear beam got painted today, gave it a kind of crackle black finish

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

also started making templates for the engine bay, was all a bit rushed but you get the idea

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

i need to chop a few bits away before i can make some but this gives me an idea of what it'll look like anyway, so tommorows job is lots of cutting and welding :coffee:

I like the beam, looks good.

Familiar looking engine ?

cheers dude, i wasnt sure but i like it now, plan is to do a few hidden bits that way but not go overboard

it should do its karin engine out of the polo, may as well put it to good use :)

small update, just the pictures of where ive started on the bay

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

bear in mind im just tacking stuff in place atm and this is my first proper attempt at welding

small update, well just more welding to be honest

this is what i got done today..

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

decided to get rid of the oval piece on top as it was more hassle than its worth right now

also got this off too...

IMG_2715.jpg

not sure whether to use this again or go for no power steering, it would be easier since theres no pipes etc?

and heres what the mk2's looking like with the BBS on :)

IMG_2723.jpg

The golf looks awesome on those wheels dude an the work on the Lupo looks awesome can't wait to c the Lupo finished keep up the good work dude

cheers dude, wont be finished for a while the joys of doing everything yourself i guess

Looking good fella :) did you ever get the coilovers on the rear to fit? Thinking of giving it ago on my arosa.

cheers man, yeah they fit and everything. In all honesty its an absolute pain to do, you have to modify the beam and the rear arches slightly on the inside

plus i dont know how well it'll work until the car can be driven again, it should be ok though

Awesome, looking good dude.

:D

thanks buddy :)