Small install- help.

Okayssss- so looking for a sub and amp for my car, nothing too extreme just that will provide a good kick and i Could maybe build into a wee mdf install in the boot.

One problem i have no clue what so ever about audio. Dont no anything about this ported lark, gains or chanels or anything, hah- excuse the ignorance. One of the areas that I would really like to learn about though.

Generally looking for better quality second hand stuff and would spend upto about £250 or £300 tops hope that should get me what i want, just want a wee project to bridge the gap over christmas when not at uni, so building a wee install would be a good experience i recon.

Anyone that can help it would be topps, merci. :blush:

Edited by Sunderland

Woop :)

Did you ever see the yellow lupo of boom?, That has a ported box, for the simpleness a ported box has a slot/hole in it, Mainly for the people who like to drop low,

Id imagine a nice loading level install would suit you, and sealed,

1. What head unit do you have?

2. Do you have standard speakers?

Rich :)

Head unit is a kenwood KDC-MP5028 - i think or something very similar.

I have some kenwood door speakers but they are pretty poor tbh only cost like £30. I also have my 6x9 linked up to these, which probably isnt the best. Would probably get rid of these and maybe get some decent comps.

right, 1st things 1st. sound deadening. no matter how much you spend on a ice system, it will never sound its best if you do not deaden the car properly. make sure that the doors and boot floors and boot lid are done at a minimum.

6x9 are a bit of a no go to be honest in the serious audio world. a decent set of component speakers mounted properly ( mids on mdf baffles in doors, n tweets in a pillars) run off a decent 2chanel amp will be fine for mid and high frequencies. depending on money and your headunit, run them active for even better performance and quality. get some1 to aim them to set the staging for you, because this makes a huge difference to quality. then a decent sub in the right sized box, powered by a separate amp. this will be more than enough in a small car like a lupo. without knowing your budget for the complete system i cant recomend any particular items. however i helped build, and have heard my mates system in a fiat 500 (similarly sized tiny boot, and it sounds amazing) comps and a decent small sub in a sealed box can sound mint

just thought. it depends what you want. if you want sq (sound quality) then follow above. if you want spl or streetbass (just total loudness of bass) then do this. back seats out, decent big sub in a huge ported box tuned to the right frequency. as before cant give you makes or models without a set budget, but let me no and i can help you choose. and as before, sound deadening is a must. and depending on power you are pushing, a second battery split charged may be nccessary

^ Good advice.

But at a guess this bloke doesnt want to break the bank, i dont think he is after silly streetbass or amazing SQ

Just an average system thats a bit of an all rounder,

Right,

So your after:

Sub,

Amp,

4 Guage Wiring kit,

Any sound deadening you can get is a bonus, i never used any in the lupo of boom, the new project iv spent a few days deadening it, :)

Il have a search for you,

Rich.

im am trying to learn all about this stuff at the mo but it just baffels me :blink::confused: .

me and a mate who has a mk4 polo are trying to get good sound systems in our cars. i already have a good sony head unit (not sure wat it is) and a cheap set of jbl gto628's in the doors and have an alpine r12 sub running of an old alpine 4channel 300w amp probs not the best i no but i got the amp for free ha. im planing on getting these for the rears http://www.bassjunkies.com/audio/t1-audio-t1-625 if there any gd? and running them of the amp then buying my mates Alpine MRP-M35 amp for the sub, will this all be any gd or have i made a drastic mistake sumwere? :wacko:

tar and sorry if iv taken over the thread :P