Lupo Speakers: Max size and mounting depth?

peteo

Hey... I'm after upgrading my door speakers.

Wondering what the max size is and also max mounting depth?..

Is it a pain to change the dash mounted tweeters? How would you go about this? (also their size and mounting depth, if anybody knows!)?..

Also im open for suggestions as to what to replace them with... Anything about £70 i'd be happy with...

Cheers

Pete

6.5" or 17cm speakers,

for mounting you will have to make up some mdf rings to space the speakers out from the door so the magnet doesnt hit the glass, can get some fair sized speakers behind, with a 70 quid budget you'l be fine :)

and yes you can change the tweeters pretty easy, just never look as good as the oem ones!

Rich.

how much are they?

You want me to fine a price for them too!!! Well...... I had a look last night and couldn't find one.

I only googled it for about 5 mins though. Either Google is your friend or PM Little Rich :D

if they can fit in then i may be in luck. have some 200W RMS component audiobahns that ive got sitting around. bought them for my old 306 but never fitted them. might have a look at them!...

Gonna be looking for new head unit too. Was gonna get one of those sat nav units from the toureg, but changed my mind as security would be an issue. Any decent VW factory head unit people could recommend? Which can handle decent speakers. Price isnt really an issue.

This is my first vw so not really up on the kit available... So appreciate all the help...

Pete

These are good Head units and pretty oem, Pete id buy a pioneer or alpine if your going for an aftermarked HU, not sure about VW factory units that you could upgrade too, im sure there are a few,

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-fh-p80bt.html

Also do you have a link to the components?

P.S this is little rich,

Thanks,

6.5" or 17cm speakers,

for mounting you will have to make up some mdf rings to space the speakers out from the door so the magnet doesnt hit the glass, can get some fair sized speakers behind, with a 70 quid budget you'l be fine :)

and yes you can change the tweeters pretty easy, just never look as good as the oem ones!

Rich.

How thick are your MDF rings, my good man?