unhappy

moreno510

needed to top up washer fluid , so tried to open notoriously stiff bonnet catch...

and eh, its broke, handle still attached but spins pointlessly

and last night i hit a speed bump a bit faster than i should have and now pulling off in first i'm getting a hell of a knock/rattle from under bonnet , hope its just something came loose but rather worried

help/advice on either would be vastly appreciated

I had the handle go on mine - it's a bit of a weak point unfortunately - went when I needed to fill up with washer fluid too - had to carry a squirty bottle of mineral water around for a few days.

It's by no means a simple job to fix it either - unless you have a ramp.

hi moreno, sounds like a bit of a ****** mate! i take it you are talking about the interior release for the bonnet. had same prob with my last Loop, although it was like that from day 1!! I could just about put an angle on it to open it, but it would 'slip' sometimes and not actually open. I would be amazed if you can't buy this as a part though - for no more than five quid. Mind you I could have written all this and got the wrong end of the stick. couldn't I? :oops:

QUOTE(Arvid)
try to drive the A1 (i don't know how they call the high way in the UK) with 200 km per hour and see if it stays on biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've driven on the M3 at 204km/h and everything stayed on biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The bonnet relese handle does feel shockingly flimsy I always grimmace when tugging it (no puns please)

Speed bumps are best negotiated in 1st geat at 2 mph just to piss off the arrogant ass in a 4X4 or soggy bottom repmobile behind you before you speed away!

Yeah the handle's do feel really weak which is a shame, but pleased to say I haven't snapped mine yet.

As for the rattling, have a wee look at the under tray as tdwindustries suggests - it's a small plastic try thing that sits underneath the sump of the engine. I've clipped mine many a time off of bumps in the road, and even off cat's eyes if I'm really booting it!

QUOTE(willh)
.........I've clipped mine many a time off of bumps in the road, and even off cat's eyes if I'm really booting it!

how many have you killed?..... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> crap joke alert!