Cams? What options do I have?

TomStevo

I'm wanting to cam my 1.4s, I don't want non of this jus put a gti engine in bla bla

what are my options?? I've look at some that catcams do and they list 2 sets tr can be run on standard springs followers and retainers and that's what I am hoping for but what other options do I have? Do Kent cams list a cam for lupo?? Checked site and can't see anything? Also were can I buy shrick ( or w.e the he'll it is)?

After an induction kit, 4-2-1, Mani back exhaust and a set of cams does anyone have any estimates on what the results will be?? Bhp and tourqe wise??

What other mods work well with cams?? Port and polish??

Thinking a sport inlet and tb aswell??

ye thts were av looked mate, and av pm'd amsome n they aint douin n/a remapping at this moment in time lol, al probz take it to rs tuning, he managed to remap my brothers supercharged clio sport on a standard ecu so am sure he can do a very good job of a cammed lupo lol

n thts the plan, full exhaust, then cams then remap lol

You'll definatley need a sport TB and inlet manifold, the TB's on the 1.4 75's are tiny!I'm looking into doing exactly the same as you in the future so would like to see where this goes

a sport manifold will fit straight on however the tb is fbw, you could get a full inlet manifold and tb from a polo 1400 afh 16v but they are rocky horse poo, tbh with cam's and stuff on a 75bhp 14's i think you'll only get maybe 100 bhp.

100 bhp is fine by me, im not a bhp hunter ne way, tourque all the way so will be interesting to see what tourque it will be putting out

and this is a silly question but am guesing its more hassel than its worth to convert to fbw lol, what shape polo is that inlet from?

and what engine you running the shrick's in?

Edited by TomStevo

100 bhp is fine by me, im not a bhp hunter ne way, tourque all the way so will be interesting to see what tourque it will be putting out

and this is a silly question but am guesing its more hassel than its worth to convert to fbw lol, what shape polo is that inlet from?

and what engine you running the shrick's in?

and to convert to fbw you would need everything from fbw car inc full harness

I'm wanting to cam my 1.4s, I don't want non of this jus put a gti engine in bla bla

In the nicest way you can't polish a turd, buy a gti/ faster car and have better torque, more power and better residuals come sell time. Or be happy with the power you have. :coffee:

If you do get cams, port and polish, inlet mani, sport/gti throttle body, full exhaust and a re-map. You must be looking at 1.5K thats allot of money to spend on something that is still going to be pretty slow.

Would be very individual, but a waste of money imo. :)

raceland - £130ish

manifold back exhaust by tony banks - £280

catcams - £550

polo afh inlet and tb - £100

grand total of £1060 minus mapping however i me and my brother are very friendly with a very good mapper so i can get that done dirt cheap, he estimated at around the £100 mark :D

yes it is alot on a 1.4, to still have a pretty slow car, but i want to see what is capable of the 1.4 engine plus i think i may go for a sport exhaust first and see how far away from sport power it will be to answer the question of were does the extra 25bhp come from tht gets asked countless numbers of times, i cannot be bothered with all the hassel of an engine swap, and tbh i aint too keen on the gti's looks personally there nice dont get me wrong, but just not my sort of thing plus people well over estimate lupo gtis as me and some of my friends have been at the side of them and they didnt amaze myself or any friends tbh, i expected them to be quicker and the looks make them look like they would be faster in my opinion,

a 1.4 with a gti engine would be perfect for me, people around my area always presume they only do a 1.0l lupo and a gti as i have been asked countless times if i have a gti engine in my lupo and i usually think erm no its a 1.4 and you have a 1.2 corsa u goon lol but i cannot be arsed with engoine conversions lol

Erm mitch, early sports came with a cable TB, i've got one sat infront of me as i type, although they are hard to get your hands on so an afh TB is probably your best bet and i would put money on you being able to get more than 100bhp. The previous owner of jamesU's car had exhaust, exhaust mani, inlet mani and TB and with mapping reached something like 98.7bhp. With cams i can see that going up quite a bit as the only other difference between the 75 and the sport is the inlet cam. I also remember seeing that when awesome were developing maps, a guy got 115bhp out of a sport simply with an awesome gti special air filter.

I also get fed up of hearing just buy a sport or GTi, howvever, my car has 16,000 miles on it, i know its in perfect nic and know its history, i've also done a lot to it so far and have become fairly emotionally attached to it.

Edited by bobbo

haha nice go on lad, 1.4s POWER!!!!! haha lol

on a serious note, no more of this get a sport/gti arsed with it tbh, if ure gna put tht just dont bother i know they exist and if i wanted one i would get one, i got this car very very cheap and like this car end of :D

and i can see 110bhp possible from a 1.4s with the right mods and mapping

People are just offering advice. You're going to spend a lot of money on taking a car up to Sport performance, but with a highly strung engine, without all the Sport extras and without the Sport value. It'll be harder to sell on and it won't be worth as much. And it will cost more to insure.

But by all means, do what you like.

In the nicest way you can't polish a turd

You obviously didn't see this:

:lol:

Is it going to be highly strung engine though? 75bhp is nothing out of a 1.4, if anything i think the non sports are de-tuned somewhat. So long as your trying to push big NA power it should be fine, i see 110bhp a very reasonable amount to expect.

im not really sure tbh, if you know your engine code it says the cams are suitable for engine codes AUA/APE, try emailing kam racing on here am sure they will be happy to help lol

also do you need adjustable verniers when camming? i always thought you could just use the origional ones off the standard cams?

also do you need adjustable verniers when camming? i always thought you could just use the origional ones off the standard cams?

You can get away without using a vernier depending on the profile, but to get the most out of then yes you should use a vernier.

This adds cost in the mapping stage also as there's more to play around with.

Is it going to be highly strung engine though? 75bhp is nothing out of a 1.4, if anything i think the non sports are de-tuned somewhat. So long as your trying to push big NA power it should be fine, i see 110bhp a very reasonable amount to expect.

Just because it's 'nothing' from a 1.4 doesn't mean some components are being stressed well beyond their tolerances. On the Fiat FIRE 1.4 16v's 130bhp is achieveable but at that point the pistons become an issue. The car is ~95bhp from factory. That's a 35% power increase. You're talking about ~45% power increase up to 110bhp from a 75bhp 1.4.