Scratched plastic

Alex_225

Does anyone know if a bodyshop is able to repair a gouge in black unpainted plastic?

My Lupo has developed an annoying scrape in the bottom part of the front bumper. I wouldn't mind if it was hidden out of sight but you can see it up the front of bumper slightly.

Just wondered if this could be fixed instead rather than replace the bottom half of the bumper. :confused::confused:

In case I'm making no sense, I've highlighted the area on this pic! :thumb:

Loop.jpg

How much would that cost though? Price up a new lower bumper first, a GTI one was only £38 last time I checked, and that included all the grills. Can't imagine a non-GTI one costing more than that.

How much would that cost though? Price up a new lower bumper first, a GTI one was only £38 last time I checked, and that included all the grills. Can't imagine a non-GTI one costing more than that.

From VW? Thats cheap

I've just been quoted £100 to repair it which I didn't think was bad.

But speaking with VW I'm looking at about £45 for a lower front bumper, only couple of concerns with that.

Will I be getting everything I need if I do order the part, not entirely trusting of parts deparments to give you exactly what you need. Don't want to end up with the wrong parts.

Also by the time I've got it and paid for it to be fitted. (I wouldn't trust myself to fit it without f*cking it up) I'm probably looking at the same cost as the repair anyway.

Hmmmm decisions! Speaking with the bodyshop I can get it repaired on Friday.

Spoke with the bodyshop and they're going to supply and fit a replacement lower half to the bumper.

Spoke with VW and they confirmed that it's about £40 for a lower front bumper. I'm happy to pay the bodyshop to fit it as I just don't have the time to do it myself. At least I'll have a whole new replacement bumper rather than just a repair job.

Well for £40 for a brand new bumper I really can't complain anyway. Also it's booked in to be swapped over anyway and the bodyshop will get me the bumper in for me. Saves me running around.

I'll get hold of the old one so if anyone wants it they can have it off me for nothing. Saves the bodyshop just binning it.