Central Locking and the Boot

bossjohnc

I tried to get in to my boot this morning, only to find that it had been locked by the key - stealer must have done it - took me a good 5 minutes to figure out why it wouldn't open as I never usually lock it like that.

Anyway, I thought that I could unlock the boot/central locking with the key (not the fob) from the boot, but I can't remember if I could... Can you do this? Has my dealer knackered the boot lock? or am I just being paranoid??

If the remote battery dies, then surely to open the boot without using the remote control is simply a case of unlocking drivers door, opening door, pressing unlock switch next to window switch & hey presto, boot & passenger door unlocked!

As far as I know, the reason you can't unlcok the boot without opening the doors is something to do with deactivating the alarm... but I'm not 100% sure!

My mate has `de-locked` his beetle & has remote controlled solenoid doors. All well & good until the battery in the beetle died & he couldn't pop the doors - he ended up having to break into his own car to get it to open.

Needless to say, he didn't want to have to do that again in a hurry so he put an external battery terminal & a key release somewhere quite well hidden on the bug...

right i had a look on ma arosa and its got remote central locking , see if the car is lock u can unlock the boot with the key by turning it left , and u hear the locking mech moving into the unlocked positiona and it opens dunno if thats any help

i wasnt taking the piss mate, its just a funny comment....

as for the boot, im stuck. surely u should be able to just use the key to unlock it, it automatically `de-activate` the alarm then open the thing. like u said, otherwise is it just there for fun? (which mine seems to be cos if u do use the key the alarm goes off). doesnt yours unlock it at all?

Ahh right...

Thanks for checking for me - it's the same for the doors, if you unlock with the key and open, the alarm will eventually go off. I'm sure I should be able to open the boot with the key, even if it's locked. I currently can't.

There's something incredibly dodgy about this dealership.

you can deactivate the allarm with the internal button before you lock up the car. In an emergancy with a deadlocked car you could unlock the boot and climb out through the back with the seats lowered, or get in that way.

sure, thought you could hit it once to deactivte the internal sensors or hold it down or hit it twice or something which deactivates it completely, or is that locking it and then locking it again with the remote?

I think that just disables the deadlocks (locking it twice in quick succession).

This would be so much easier if I had the instruction book in front of me. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />