will they fit? 8.5j et 15/0

TomStevo

looking at fitting some wheels, ive already tried them with one bolt as they aint 4x100 supported by a jack so there was not any weight and they would fit niceley, but i will need adaptors so an extra 15mm,

they are 15x8.5 et15 so with a 15mm adaptor they will sit at et0 they have 195 45 15 on atm so am thinking al need around 165 50 15 or close to that to get them under the arches? i know i will need the arches rolling and possibly pulling a bit so i dont get hassel from the fuzz,

they are from my project car (106 gti) which we have smoothed nicely and was planning a retrim and airbags, but now am starting to love my runabout while that was off the road ( the lupo)

Edited by TomStevo

done a little research, the lad with the 8x13 and 10x13 wellers was runnin et-10 on the front, so if im running 8.5j at et0 as thats what it will work out with when adaptors are on they will sit exactly where his did, so were can i get my arches pulled in yorkshire area? lol

Edited by TomStevo

so what do you guys think?

cant decide, get rid of 106 and use the money from that to get a full cream retrim with mk4 golf recaros flared arches then fit those wheels from the 106, and then get the loop 1.8 20vt or finish the 106, supercharge it as the plan was run it in a few shows then sell and do loop? wat would you do? lol cant decide!!!! grrrrr

Im running 7s et0 and mine sometimes scrubs, and they are 14s.

But he has done the maths on the calculator so who are we to disagree

id say its doable at the back with some serious arch pulling and camber, but even if u could do it at the front id say it will look daft. i ran my 15 x 8 et14 at the front to c if i should move to 8.5 at the rear and they looked pretty crap. mayb look good with camber..

• 3 weeks later...

et 15 will be fine, et0 won't! I ran 185/45/15s 15x8.5 et 15 all round on my old Lupo, rear arches rolled tight, fronts standard. It was lowered a lot (No rear adjusters on FK coilovers, so about 100mm?)

DSCF0049.jpg

Plenty of camber up front stopped them rubbing much. I got the occasional scrape from any corner occasionally, but it was perfectly driveable, but definitely on the limit especially with people in the back.. With rolled front arches, normal camber would be fine.

ET0 on the other hand I'd recommend against, and I'd not be happy running 165s on an 8.5. While they would bring the tyre sidewall to about the same place on an et0 rim and a 185 on an et15 rim, the stretch would be too much imho.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=185&aspect=45&diameter=15&wheelwidth=8.5&offset=15&width2=165&aspect2=50&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=8.5&offset2=0&Submit=Submit

That's how they will sit on the rims.

Edited by cobblers