loosing the xenon's on a gti

You don't need VAG-COM, just look under the bonnet, on the headlamp there are 2 nylon adjuster screws, best do it on a beam alignment tool like the one at a MOT station.

Adjusters in mine are broken, and in my spare one :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Thought you had to activate it in VAG COM before adjusting with these screws or you could damage the headlamps?

You don't need VAG-COM, just look under the bonnet, on the headlamp there are 2 nylon adjuster screws, best do it on a beam alignment tool like the one at a MOT station.

Adjusters in mine are broken, and in my spare one :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Thought you had to activate it in VAG COM before adjusting with these screws or you could damage the headlamps?

That's what I heard too. Possibly why 99hjm's adjusters are broken? Previous owner could have adjusted them too much.

When you put it on VAGCOM you set it into headlight adjust mode, then adjust it on the headlight, then save that setting.

That's what I heard too. Possibly why 99hjm's adjusters are broken? Previous owner could have adjusted them too much.

When you put it on VAGCOM you set it into headlight adjust mode, then adjust it on the headlight, then save that setting.

Yeh thats what I thought I need mine adjusting after the work I had on them so I am gonna make sure whoever adjusts them does it on VAG COM to avoid any problems sure someone could confirm this?

You do really.

No, it's because the PO must of had a car park crunch, the light shell has a crack inside it, the GTI lights are so fragile.

Yeh thats what I thought I need mine adjusting after the work I had on them so I am gonna make sure whoever adjusts them does it on VAG COM to avoid any problems sure someone could confirm this?

Yes, easy to do. They just need to follow the instructions from link on the other thread.

current ideas anyone, stay on topic?

Sorry. :blush:

Will have alook on ELSA tomorrow.