Macaloon's 100bhp Lupo Sport - Now a Fabia VRS

macaloon

Hi ive been on here for a while i think its about time i posted my readers ride

i bought this Lupo Sport about a year ago completely standard and only recently started modding it

3792362429_069f331a9d.jpg

I have plans once i get chance and money to lower it on coilovers probably 40-60mm nothing crazy lol,

I also want some new wheels but having difficulty finding some decent gloss black wheels that i both like and come in 14"s as 15"s are too big for a sport imo, any suggestions for wheels preferably eurostyle i was half considering lenso bsx's?

Comments are welcome.....

Mac

Current Modifications as she stands... 13/12/09

Styling....

LCR Front Splitter

VW accessory rear spoiler

Black VW badges front and colour coded rear

Gloss black Wing Mirrors

Performance VW, Wheel Whores's & Club Lupo Stickers

De-badged the rear and De-bump striped

De-wipered the rear

Sparco Aero wipers

Dubmeister Pressed Plates and ABT Tuning surrounds

white LED sidelights with Xenon style extreme brilliance bulbs

all indicators de-tangoed with silvertec bulbs

Cambridge rear lights

stubby OEM stle aerial

Chassis....

AP coilovers lowered around 45-50mm

EBC Red Stuff Pads & 260mm Brembo Discs

VW Sport wheels with Toyo proxes 185/55 R14

Edited by macaloon

Car looks good, would love to see it from different angles though, yeah, coilovers will make you think a different way about the car, makes it look at handle 10x better.

Wheel wise, look on forums like Edition38, ClubPolo etc as well as eBay to see if anything takes your fancy, patience is a virtue.

I wouldn't personally go for Lenso BSZ, purely down to the quality of the finish etc.

Mark

cheers il put more pics up once its cleaned at the weekend only recent pic i have at the minute.

i think once bodywork is sorted il be getting coilovers next, is there alot of difference between say a k&w coilover kit and a cheaper alternative ?

another mod im considering is either buying cambridge lights or smoking the standard ones

Looks good so far. I'm personally not a fan of smoked lights. Cambridge ones look loads better :)

Edited by Amber

Thanks again

yeah i was thinking smoked lights are slighly "chav" no offence to anyone who has them but it is cheaper than cambridge lights

Yeah I can understand trying to do something different without the expense of forking out for cambridges. I'd love some too but am keeping the standard ones 'til I can afford them :) the all reds look great on red lupos imo anyway!

UPDATE back from the bodyshop after having a dint knocked out of the door and some scratches taken out of the door really pleased with the work, got it done at car and bike magic in Sunderland id recommend it if your local, just gave it a quick wash as it was quite dusty also featuring my new stubby aerial from OPS which id also recommend!!

check it out.......

During wash

3814688889_c382162b09.jpg

All Clean

3814688837_349ba65460.jpg

sorry picture quality is rubbish it was taken with my iphone n its only a 3.2mb camera

Hope you guys like it

MAC

will have been a good few weeks back, but the one next to penshaw monument, just remember a red sport wth a lcr splitter was on a v plate i think. mightnt have been you like!

probs was me mate to be fair mines a y 2001, i often go up there for a walk or run with the missus.

UPDATE - ive been busy again just a small update ive bought some silver bulbs to de-tango my side repeaters and my indicators looks good i think

BEFORE -------------------------------------------------------------------AFTER

3818358194_e882fc6d1d.jpg3818358272_8e7b98f9c2.jpg

little update ive been busy again ive colour coded my rear badge its not perfect so it might be coming off again to get resprayed and re-glue'd as im not 100% happy with it

still looks ok i think let me know what you guys think........

3833397855_49986028a4.jpg

MAC

• 2 weeks later...

Update: quick detail using speed detailer, re-colour coded my rear badge as the finish was crap and fitted my Cambridge lights as well as new wheel centre caps as they were worn

3861958193_6c1780e288.jpg

will put some better pics up when I get chance another quickie iphone pic lol

MAC