fox bluemotion

ermmurray

volkswagen_blumotion.jpg

Volkswagen has decided to offer the BlueMotion badge in Brazil, although it has adapted it to the homegrown fuel from the South American continent, the Brazilian BlueMotion badge vehicles will be powered by ethanol. BlueMotion will be an option for the Fox (pictured above), Golf and Polo models. Not much information has been released yet, although the models are currently being shown at the São Paulo Motor Show.

The Brazilian Polo BlueMotion will be powered by a flex-fuel 1.6-liter engine mated to a new gearbox with longer gear ratios. As usual, some additional tweaks are included in the pack, such as a closed front grille and underside, lowered suspension and low-rolling resistance tires mated to 14-inch wheels. The Polo is expected to be on sale by the end of the year but the BlueMotion versions of the Gol and the Fox probably won’t be ready until later in 2009

>from: www.dailyhybrid.com <

Edited by ermmurray

does anyone know anywhere i could get hold of the black vinyl on the door between the front and rear windows? (for a normal 3 door UK fox)

I seem to recall reading in Volkswagen Driver magazine that the trim between the windows was available from the dealership. A Fox owner had written a letter in to the magazine relating his ownership experiences and suggested that all Foxes should have this modification. From memory the part was not expensive but the dealer wanted a fair price to fit them, this owner had fitted tthem himself and remarked that the part (basically a film) was not difficult to fit if you were patient. I will have a look through thee magazines and see if they listed a part number in the letter. Alternatively ask at the local dealer.

I seem to recall reading in Volkswagen Driver magazine that the trim between the windows was available from the dealership. A Fox owner had written a letter in to the magazine relating his ownership experiences and suggested that all Foxes should have this modification. From memory the part was not expensive but the dealer wanted a fair price to fit them, this owner had fitted tthem himself and remarked that the part (basically a film) was not difficult to fit if you were patient. I will have a look through thee magazines and see if they listed a part number in the letter. Alternatively ask at the local dealer.

thanks!

can i see someone do a bluemotion front end conversion like the ever so popular 3L?

i am actually really interested in doing that.. but i dont think the car is out yet so obviously it wouldnt happen for a while.. do you think it would be a straight swap? coz the blue motion has a covered underbelly.. i like the lights on it too......

• 3 weeks later...

'Bluemotion Fox could return 94mpg'

With a heavier car, a less efficient engine/gearbox than a 3L and on ethanol? I don't think so!

RAB

Edited by RAB

I thought that, but i've never seen a Polo BM front end conversion, however, i don't follow the Polo scene.

Its not that attractive that would be why you have not seen it haha. The polo bluemotion is sold in the uk so there is not as much novelty as there

is with the 3L front. I would hardly call it much of a conversion to put a bluemotion front on a non bluemotion polo. The bumper will be a straight swap and

the only difference is the upper grill and the wheel air-dams at the bottom of the bumper.

Edit: come to think of it don't know why i said that as you should not even need to change the bumper as the grill is the exact same size as the standard and

the air-dam would be an addition just like a splitter.

'Bluemotion Fox could return 94mpg'

With a heavier car, a less efficient engine/gearbox than a 3L and on ethanol? I don't think so!

RAB

I don't think so either it may have a slightly better Cd but running on ethanol there is no chance it would achieve anything like that.

How does your A2 compare to the Lupo?

The current bluemotion range is hardly that impressive compared to the Lupo 3L ans a2 1.2 TDI

Edited by Unheard

How does your A2 compare to the Lupo?

The current bluemotion range is hardly that impressive compared to the Lupo 3L ans a2 1.2 TDI

The 3L is a better engineered car to be honest and was half the price new! The A2 is more comfortable on longer journeys though and does have A/C.

RAB