VW monkeys!!!!!!

:x

Getting really miffed off now!

My GTI is 3 years old in December 04, however i bought it from VW in Dec 03. I bought it with 25k miles, they gave it a service, stamped the book and wrote "next service: 35k or 12/05"

Well last week it hit 35k, so i booked it in, service was all done fine!

I've been having trouble with the immobilser not turning off and also the electric window switch has stopped working, so i asked them to look at that too.

After the service the woman said the key was faulty and the window switch was broken, and she would get me a price! I said isn't that covered under warranty, she said she would 'find out' and let me know :shock:

Anyhow, today she calls and says my warranty is invalid! :?

Says i haven't stuck to my service schedule, and that it was a due a service in June!

I kick up a stink, and she asks me to bring my service book in for them to look over, dealer is 40 miles away ... grrrr

MONKEYS !!!! :x

oh and my service was £170 !!! is it me or is that a bit steap for a regular service!

if it was a yearly service they probably changed the plugs and a few other things so £170 might not be too bad, it was about £90 for a minor and £140 for a major up here

I found out my warranty was invalid too a little while back when I took my car to an alternate dealer.

Showed them the log book and there was no problem setting the record straight though.

Even if the service has been done by someone else, they can't remove the warranty as long as it's been done properly, although I expect that route would be no end of hassle.

Receipt shows they only changed the oil (£30 ish), oil filter (£10 ish) and some washer (£3 ish)

The other £100+ was labour!!!

The same stealer has serviced it everytime as well ... once my warranty runs out in a few months its going nowhere near them again!

QUOTE(snoopstah)
170 quid sounds like a fortune for what appears to have been just the oil service (not the more thorough inspection service).  I was charged 67 quid for the oil service at my local VW dealer.

:x

Is there anyone i can complain to ?

VW uk or something or other ?

I'd have a go at moaning at VW Customer Services (assuming it was just an oil change service).

If I was serious about it, I'd phone up a few other garages for quotes (for reference, I use Testwood in Southampton, and I think Barringtons in Chesterfield are good for prices too), and then write a letter to the service manager at your local dealer, copying it to VW Customer Services (state you've done that in the letter).

The best you'll realistically get is a free service next time, which needs to be done at the same dealer, so you still have to use the muppets. Depends how much trouble you want to go to, really.

Phoning them is pretty useless really - you need to make sure they have a hard copy of your complaint, or it'll just be forgotten.

Address is:

VW Customer Services

Yeomans Drive

Blakelands

Milton Keynes

Buckinghamshire

MK14 5AN

You can phone them on 01908 679121, but I'd use that for chasing them up if they don't answer the letter.

Auto Express and What Car both do consumer complaints (I believe), if you really wanted to get some extra muscle on the job.

QUOTE(myvwlemon disclaimer)
MyVWLemon.com is not affiliated or sponsored by Volkswagen AG (Just in case there is any confusion on identity). MyVWLemon.com recognizes and respects all of Volkswagen's trademarks and copyrights (Including the swastika).

mrgreen.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mrgreen:" border="0" alt="mrgreen.gif" />

all this getting raped by the stealers to keep the warranty pisses me off. i got a synthetic oil change & filter done by a mate in kwik fit for £26....where on earth they get £170 for some monkey to put in the average quality cack in I dont know...I think they just make up a number and see what the customer says.

Well the monkeys have finally admitted that they were wrong, and I was right regarding the warranty ..... quelle suprise!

They are however still monkeys as they can't `re-code` keys at the weekend, meaning ill have to skip off work to take it during the week and take some mickey mouse courtesy car!