Rolling Road - Have you had your loop on one?

Nicki

Went to the Junction29 & Corrado Club rolling road day yesterday & put my girl on the rollers... (remember, she's completely factory standard!)

130.8 bhp @ 6395 rpm at the fly & 118.6 lbft @ 3421 rpm biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Who else has put theirs on a Rolling Road? What did you get? What mods have you done?

131bhp standard for me.

Want it doing again with my engine work done now. Went a few months ago but cant get on rollers due to ride height.

QUOTE(LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI)
Went a few months ago but cant get on rollers due to ride height.

Funny you should say that, one of the corrado guys took his front bumper off to fit his car on the rollers, Damo (one of the J29 guys) raised his coilovers 15mm to get his mk2 golf to fit & Paul (another J29er) was removing everything he could from underneath his mk4 golf gti to make it fit!

Dedication or madness? :?

my sport had 117 bhp when she was tested a couple of years back

would love to have her tested since the new engine has gone in cos im sure shes slower, but due to the fact i now have a silly bodykit on lol shes too low sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Yeah i put mine on the Rollers last weekend at a local car club event at Tommy`s in Abercynnon (South Wales) it pulled.........

137.5 BHP it`s stanard as well biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

:oops: Got a bit worried when it came off the rollers cos the ABS light was staying on ...but i got told that was normal and it reset it`s self about 200yards down the road

Think my B/friend has got it on video some where i'll get him to dig it out :wink:

Yeah, the ABS light comes on because only the front wheels are moving so it confuses the sensors... got my nice friend who works for VW to clear the error messages off for me though! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Its more specified tuning places that have rolling roads mate.

Most places who do software/ecu upgrades will have them, should be like £`40-60` I guess (for a rolling road session).

Does anyone know which are the rolling roads to avoid? There are apparently some that have large inaccuracies. Been told the Dastek setup is one of the most accurate, but maybe it has something to do with being more accurate for `4-WD` measurement? (I guess `4-WD` might be less accurate as it must go through more calculations & conversion tables to get power figure from rollers to graph?)

Or am I just thinking through it all the wrong way, & talking pap?