Some Santa Pod vids

Tigz™

yeah i agree, iv grew up in dragracing, my dad helped out in 1 team and help build then run another soo im quite involved in it. theres a bit of an unwritten rule with dragracers that its shameful to like the jet car, jus knacks the track. its only there for crowd pleaser!

not bad actualy for street car, quickest petrol powerd car does it in about 7 n half seconds pushin on 180mph! my dads mates dragster does roughyl same but its not street legal lol

haha yeah! i was gonna come along at weekend, but 1 id of been in me dads c30 not my arosa (kinda beats the object) and 2 no 1 would come with me and its a long way from here to pod on own!

Impressed with those times. I remember about 8 years ago when the 'fast' Cossie's used to run low 14's.

Times have changes in nearly a decade and fast hot hatches are now in the 14's and 13's. I thought that 16's were fast when I got my Lupo Gti 7 years ago...lol

Seems Andi did a LOT of runs too without any car issues, says a lot for the conversion in that it must be well done. You see too may engine converted cars do about 3 runs and then break. Well done Polo :D

Thanks Darren, I'm impressed with how it's coped.

By mid afternoon I was convinced it would break to say it can take that sort of abuse (9 miles of quarter mile action with very little cool down time!) and still take me home again, not to mention taking me to work everyday is a credit to Dubsport.

I didn't realise a good cossie would do similar times!

Now I am impressed!

Can't wait to get it on a track day and show up some 'fast' cars!

Can't wait to get it on a track day and show up some 'fast' cars!

Andi,

There is a track day at Snetterton on the 25th July (it is a rare Saturday one) for under £200. Considering it myself, good track as it is quite simple with plenty of run off compared to some of the other tracks. Only about 7 corners too so not too heavy on the car.