Hello everybody!

db

Hello everyone, been lurking around the forum for a week or so and thought it was about time that I said hi.

Now i currently drive a mk4 polo and when insurance renewal time comes in january looking at getting a lupo gti or polo gti as the quotes i have been getting are quite good. Now i really like the lupo and i've read that it drives better and it looks really good. Im just needing that persuasion to make me 100% certain.

Also is there a list anywhere of what sorta things to look out for?

Cheers peeps.

Luke biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Welcome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As a new Lupo GTI owner I can't recommend it enough... i luuurve it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sure the guys will be along shortly to offer some more indepth `non-girlie` kinda info/advice hehe

Enjoy your stay wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

honestly mate u will never look back! one of the guys on the forum had one, sold it for a beetle - then got another lupo gti.

as fyggy says, i cant recommend it enough.

i like the polo gti, but the lupo just screems out how sexy it is

go for it!!

Your gonna get a bias opinion here Luke smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I like the PoloGTi, but for me it doesn't look different enough from the rest of the Polo range - which is an advantage the LupoGTi has. Also, and I'm only going by reviews here, but EVO said that the Polo steering "sucks" - apparently, its ruined by lifeless, `overly-light` steering.

LupoGTi is slightly quicker because its lighter, and later ones have the 6speed box obviously!...but Polo has 5doors if you need it, more bootspace, and more conservative looks.

But I'd say....drive em both and see!

Thanks for the warm welcome, i think id pretty much decided on the lupo i just needed some people to convince me. Stuff the boot i dont use it that often anyway, i can use the back seats. As for five doors - i wouldn't buy a five door car as i think 3 doors look far better. The lupo sounds like so much fun and with me i like something to look good, but it's a bout the way it drives and my polo is slooooooooooow.

I'd love to test drive one but at 19 i dont think VW let you, which sucks as i can easily insure one.

Oh at what point was the 6 speed box brought in as i want one with that and air conditioning.

Cheers guys and girls biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Diamondblack)

Oh at what point was the 6 speed box brought in as i want one with that and air conditioning.

Cheers guys and girls  :D

I think it was around the 51 plate that came in @6spd.. so perhaps look from there onwards :?:

My lupo GTI is the best car I've ever bought. I don't think I could ever sell it....I've tried to a few times but could never go through with it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You won't regret buying a Loop GTI!!!

If you do get 1, what colour you going for?

They dont need to know how old you are!

Best suggestion - phone beforehand and say your interested, blah blah, would like to come and have a look and possibly have a test drive. If you phone beforehand it makes you look alot more serious about it, and not like you've just walked in off the street and looking to have a play in their cars.

I got a test drive at 19...bought one shortly after smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good stuff, i was thinking around an 02 plate with air conditioning. For me it's gotta be silver, red or black. I dont usually like red, but on the lupo i think it looks the dogs dangly's. Cheers for the suggestion about ringing, i'll defo do that.