16" BBS RX on a GTI ? Pics ?

S3BOW

Hi all, been thinking of putting these on my wifes GTI and was wondering if anyone has any pics or has them on theirs.

Am I right in saying they should be RX214 7x16 ET35 with 195 40 16s ?

Also, will it need lowering or will I get away with it ? One thing I definitley do not want is it bouncing down the road and I don't want to go to the expense of coilovers. I have looked at the springs available ( H&R , Eibach ) and all lower by 30mm and I think this would be too much ( 37 yr old see !) . I have also seen some cars lowered on bathursts and its not my taste.

Chris.

Hi all, been thinking of putting these on my wifes GTI and was wondering if anyone has any pics or has them on theirs.

Am I right in saying they should be RX214 7x16 ET35 with 195 40 16s ?

Also, will it need lowering or will I get away with it ? One thing I definitley do not want is it bouncing down the road and I don't want to go to the expense of coilovers. I have looked at the springs available ( H&R , Eibach ) and all lower by 30mm and I think this would be too much ( 37 yr old see !) . I have also seen some cars lowered on bathursts and its not my taste.

Chris.

I think it probably would need to be a tad lower, but they will look really good IMO. Quite rare in 4 x 100 though im lead to beleive

Alright mate where in south wales are you based? GTi's look lovely lowered on bathursts! I think on the 16s the car will look a bit like a rollerskate, and 30mm probably wont be enough to give you the sporty look? You could look into AP coilovers, you dont have to go mad on the lowering, about 45mm will give a lovely drop. (Given that some are lowered 90+mm!)

Alright mate where in south wales are you based? GTi's look lovely lowered on bathursts! I think on the 16s the car will look a bit like a rollerskate, and 30mm probably wont be enough to give you the sporty look? You could look into AP coilovers, you dont have to go mad on the lowering, about 45mm will give a lovely drop. (Given that some are lowered 90+mm!)

From merthyr, work in resolven. Seen a few lowered on bathursts and not my cup of tea. Def won't be lowering it 30 -45 mm tho for sure !!

:o:o:o

I'm 47 years, 4 months and 21 days old, so don't say your too old to be low.

:)

Never too old, I will be 40 this year, both cars are lowered.

The Lupo is as low as it will go on coilovers with the rear adjusters removed.

The day you stop lowering is the day you die :(