inside door handles...

payna

does anyone know if they are available at parts? just cos the rubbery stuff on my passanger side has started to peel off and it looks pants.

....i reckon one of my mates has been scratching away at it, i dunno who it was but iam not a happy chappy :x

cheers

andrew

I have the same problem, so I'd be interested in the outcome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think you can get them, fitting them's a bit of a pain, and apparently it's easy to chip the rubber if you need to remove/refit the door card.

I was meaning the interior door handles not the door pulls sorry.

THey are the black plastic. The doors handles on the 1,0 were black plastic.

the opening handles on mine are black metal, smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> think they look pretty cool.

my drivers side has a few little chips out of it, nothin serious. but the passengers handle was fine on mine up until i went camping a couple of weeks ago! ...swines sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i mite pop into the veedub dealers through the week and ask them

I need the passenger side door pull too, also from previous owner having stupid scratchy nails,

....unless they are on my back during mating I am not interested.

Please let us know prices as it looks *****. evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

right, i went to vw tonight, the handles are in two parts; the cover that fits onto the front, and the actual handle.

the guy asked me what colour i wanted so they must have different colours available too.

anyways, the cover was £5.98 and the handle was £10.?? something, forget what exactly.

i just ordered the cover, cos the handle itself was fine. :wink:

Codes should be:

Black:

6X0 867 179 B 48Z - Left Grab Handle

6X0 867 180 B 48Z - Right Grab Handle

6X0 867 171 B 48Z - Left Grab Handle Cover

6X0 867 172 B 48Z - Right Grab Handle Cover

Grey:

6X0 867 179 B 7DE - Left Grab Handle

6X0 867 180 B 7DE - Right Grab Handle

6X0 867 171 B 7DE - Left Grab Handle Cover

6X0 867 172 B 7DE - Right Grab Handle Cover

As always, no promises - don't sue me if you end up with a catalytic convertor or something.

ok so ive just got the cover for the left grab handle. quite easy to do but it needed a bit of brute force to get off (which is a pretty nerve racking thing to do, cos i didnt wanna damage the other half of the handle!) but there are three metal clips inside which need to be swapped over to the new item and it just clips back into place. :wink:

part number for this cover as follows;

6X0 867 171 B 48Z

snoop got the part number right, but listed it as black. the actual part is more like an anthricite grey colour. maybe there is a lighter grey colour??

il let you all make your minds up about that one!

andrew