Hiya (:

Nomsy

i've already found a few, Group 3 insurance, but the plan is, get it now, and start doing it up gradually, and then be able to drive it when i'm old enough, instead of having no money whatsoever :D

Yeah know what you mean, there are a few on here for a sale, or on pistonhads and things,

1.4 16v, cheapish to buy, not to bad insurance.

It does boil down to what you want from a Lupo.......

Pic of mine on here somewhere!

Nothing better for a first car in my mind, ive had my 1.0E for a year now since i passed my test and its been awesome, cheap insurance, for a bloke its £1300, next year its £725 so i can't wait for my no claims lol, but its good to see people into the dubbing scene young lol, nice to see new people aswell, welcome and hope to see you at some of the meets sometime ;)

get a lupo gti by the time your 17 you will probaly have drove it a little plus aslong as u have a nan that drives get her to do the insurance for u mines worked out as 1000 for 17 year old on my gti :)

tarrier.

:doh:

Nothing better for a first car in my mind, ive had my 1.0E for a year now since i passed my test and its been awesome, cheap insurance, for a bloke its £1300, next year its £725 so i can't wait for my no claims lol, but its good to see people into the dubbing scene young lol, nice to see new people aswell, welcome and hope to see you at some of the meets sometime ;)

How come Your Insurance Is So Cheap??

When I Pass Mines Gonna Be At Least £1700!

Welcome to the club, nice to see people thinking about first cars so early on, i coud not wait to be 17 when i was your age! I got my first car at 16 too, old AX to get me by when i passed my test. Then i got my 1.0 Arosa at 17 after driving for 6 months.

1.0s are a good car for a first car, i still really enjoy driving the 1.0 after over 4 years of having it. 1.4 has a bit more pull and it better on the motorway, but slightly higher insurance.

get a lupo gti by the time your 17 you will probaly have drove it a little plus aslong as u have a nan that drives get her to do the insurance for u mines worked out as 1000 for 17 year old on my gti :)

tarrier.

Because that is totally legal and above board, right? :huh:

If you are the main user of a car, it HAS to be in your name as does the insurance policy. If the car is in your name already it will void the insurance, as it has to be in the policy holders name. If you cant prove your nan is the main user of the GTi and, especially, if it it isnt in their name, id start worrying and get your own insurance, sharpish! :coffee: As if thats what you have done, your not insured, so why even pay the £1000? Its wasted and useless.

You might think its cheap now, but when you come to insure a car on your own, unless you have a policy which rewards named drivers with NCB, then you wont have a NCB and it will result in a higher premium. So you will pay in the long run anyway.

Best to go for something you can easily insure, rather than try and fiddle the system and void your policy. Not to mention a new driver wont have experience, no experience and a nippy car could mean trouble. IMHO the best first cars are slower cars, it teaches you so much more about driving than having a nippy car that you can just put your foot down in. A slow car teaches you to think about things, overtaking for example.

:D

Edited by cardaft

Welcome to the club, nice to see people thinking about first cars so early on, i coud not wait to be 17 when i was your age! I got my first car at 16 too, old AX to get me by when i passed my test. Then i got my 1.0 Arosa at 17 after driving for 6 months.

1.0s are a good car for a first car, i still really enjoy driving the 1.0 after over 4 years of having it. 1.4 has a bit more pull and it better on the motorway, but slightly higher insurance.

Because that is totally legal and above board, right? :huh:

If you are the main user of a car, it HAS to be in your name as does the insurance policy. If the car is in your name already it will void the insurance, as it has to be in the policy holders name. If you cant prove your nan is the main user of the GTi and, especially, if it it isnt in their name, id start worrying and get your own insurance, sharpish! :coffee: As if thats what you have done, your not insured, so why even pay the £1000? Its wasted and useless.

You might think its cheap now, but when you come to insure a car on your own, unless you have a policy which rewards named drivers with NCB, then you wont have a NCB and it will result in a higher premium. So you will pay in the long run anyway.

Best to go for something you can easily insure, rather than try and fiddle the system as void your policy.

:D

i agree

what are u talking about its not legal? she 'owns' the car on paper i drive it every now and again ;) it not illegal its what most 17 year old people do if they want a half decent / quick car getting a 1.0 is just pointless even driving schools don't use 1.0 lol...

and my insurer is cis which is co-op insurance

I was not having a go at you, just pointing out in case other people think it might be a good idea. Its not ;)

Its quite a nice car your nan has though, nice of her to let you borrow it every now and again too. :coffee:

Lets just hope you can prove your nan is the main user, should you ever need too ...

Edited by cardaft

i think its a good idea because insurance companies just rape young people for insurance like why pay 2k for a car and then 2k for insurance? are u not better off just risking it then even if u do write it off you have the 2k to buy a new one?

its alot better then going through like 2-3 cars to get to the one you want in my opinion

tarrier.

p.s sorry it sounded like you was having ago, dont make me get nansie down here