Nuggets Motor

Nugget

Well I've owned the Arosa now for a couple of months and am loving driving it daily (I bought it to replace my Mk2 GTI when my commute to work miles doubled) so thought it was about time that I posted some pics.

Hopefully the link works, I'm a bit of a ludite so fingers crossed.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww7/Nug...05/DSCF0002.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww7/Nug...05/DSCF0001.jpg

Some of you may recognise it as Gman's car, its pretty much as he finished with it as far as I can tell and I'm pretty happy with it, although I am considering changing the wheels for something less OEM. It's a TDI which has had a stage 2 remap, Jetex exhaust, K&N filter (which may get ditched), lowered 45mm, and has a Cupra half leather interior. All in all not a bad substitute for the old Golf plus it does 65mpg, and for once somebody else has spent all the money and done all the work.

All I've done is get the paintwork sorted and clayed and waxed it as it was looking a little tired.

Hope you likey.

Cheers

Cheers dude.

As I said I'm well impressed with the motor, once you get used to the short shift style driving you can get along pretty quickly, its probably as quick as my old 8v Mk2, the torque (180ish lbft) is great, plus it has a fair bit of character for a modern car...

If you have any more info on it please let me know, I've sussed out a few things from the old bills and taking a look at his posts on this forum, but I'm not sure of the full spec.

I'm hoping I covered everything for the insurance when I bought it, and played it really safe declaring absolutely everything.

Apparently its approximately 112bhp and 182lbft torque, does this sound right?

It drives OK now, bags of torque, like I said above the only gash part is the K&N filter which will get swapped for the OEM item soon as the K&N sounds daft and does nothing, I might then consider a change of wheels to some Borbet T's or similar if I can find some.

... plus it has a fair bit of character for a modern car...

]

That is the beauty of the Lupos and Arosas, although they are fairly modern they still have character. Very few modern cars do and a lot of older retro style cars have character by default. :D

Very nice little motor you got there mate.

Thanks for the positive comments peeps, although I can't take the credit for the car as its not my work which doesn't sit too easily with me, I really feel I should be doing something to it to make it my own but aside from a change of wheels there is nothing else worth tinkering with.

That said as of June we will have a new addition to the family and the time owning a modern car free's up is invaluable (another reason for selling the old Mk2 Golf).

Thanks for your post with the link Steve, that's squared the insurance away, I can now rest easy knowing that I got the declaration right.