New Golf GTI Yes or NO?

mdubgti

This is in production ?....Thats awesome!

Why have VW -SA gone for this concept and oldnew car?

g.06full.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> g.08full.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> g.05full.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Those alloys look familiar... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I guess they can sell it cheap (must cost them a few pennies to knock out a Mk1 Golf bodyshell these days) but give it enough `mod-cons` to be attractive.

If you buy one of the `higher-spec` models, you get Bathursts. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edit: Gah, you hadn't noticed that when I started posting. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(snoopstah)
Edit: Gah, you hadn't noticed that when I started posting. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It was a `double-take` moment.... I had clicked post and started looking at the scenic pics then it clicked.... tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Only problem with the citigolf is that they don't make a 3dr any more sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> , If they had i would have brought 1 back with me the last time I was over there. I think its the best selling car ever in SA. There was at 1 time talk of a citigolf museam being opened but I don't know if it ever happened.

As for the new golfs.....they look fookin sh*te. No other golf has ever been or will ever be as good as the original Mk1 golf not even the Citigolf. The only thing that has come close to being as good as the Mk1 golf GTI is the Lupo GTI....but thats just my opinion, some1 else might think different.

vw have lost the plot imho. they are forever trying to climb the market and think they are producing quality cars that people are prepared to pay a premium for....er i thought that was audi's job. they've lost the ability to appeal to a wide audience who can also afford to buy their 'premium' product - 20 fookin grand for a golf gti??? piss off!! :roll: