Oulton park trackday

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one, I'm interested to know how the brakes held up?

Your running maxtorq 256mm discs aren't you?

yip standard 256 on the front's and maxtorq discs on the rear too with standard vw pads. they did suprisingly well, i did get them smoking in the morning so i went straight out again to get some air over them but they've stood up to the punishment very well, theyre not warped like i manged to get the vw items. the only problem was the pads suffered and the brake fluid was getting hot as they inevitably went spongy when used hard.

i'd recomend them i'm giving them two thumbs up lol. but they survived pretty hard use and came away with no real issues.

its most likely to be oulton park again but i'm tempted to try donnington too but it doent seem that easy to get on trackdays there? :confused:

I wouldn't waste my time with donnington again but then it depends what you like I like tight twisty tracks so I can rely more on driving ability than power I like cadwell one their I've had westfields and allsorts I even had a vx220 guy ask me to prove i was running a standard 1.6 because his mates gti "isn't that quick" :P on donnington it's a different story it's a quick track so quicker cars have a massive advantage I just felt like it was taking me forever to pass cars that I was far faster than because although they were slowing me down in the corners no matter how much of a run i built up through a corner I couldn't get past them when they oulled over on the straights drop me a pm when your doing one next and I'll have t join ya I don't come in this part of the site often

that would be quite good although you cant really compete and if your seen doing so you'll get sent home! your not even alowed to to do timed runs so that kinda rules TT out.

but there's nothing stopping a a bunch of lupo's turning up to seperate the men from the boys!!

• 5 weeks later...

I will try to put some money aside of the next couple of months.

Really want to take the 'new' polo and see if I can show up some rally reps :D

New 280s being fitted this week, need to get a track map added and try to get hold of some ARBs.

Just been talking to a mate who's taken his car on a few track days and he suggested I go to Mallery Park before a take on a track as unforgiving as Oulton.

Any suggestions on dates for the end of July?

ive been to mallory park but not actually driven it so i disagree oulton is a much safer curcuit than mallory park and i would think much faster too. Mallory park has next to no run offs, its pretty narrow in places, its short and i found the ly of the curcuit quite boring it looks like theres only two really challenging corners.

i really would go for a bigger more open track first. I cant find that many trackdays at oulton in july for a reasonable price but if pepole are willing to spend more than £200 then there are a couple.

Edited by Toi gulp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats not bad, i will try another curcuit at some point. but unfortunately the cars decided to break expensive things at once now. shot OSF wheel bearing and a blowing exhaust and a holiday is booked too. Why do expensive things all happen at once????

got time to rcover my finances before then though hmmmm