Lupo in Gran Turismo 4

Loophole

Dammit. PS2 is the only console I don't own (I've never felt the games are as engrossing as the equivalent Xbox/Gamecube versions) but with this being exclusively on the PS2, and more importantly GTA: San Andreas coming out 6 months earlier on the PS2, I might have to give in sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Are there any decent RF wireless controllers for the PS2? I love my Wavebird and Logitech RF Xbox controller.

Ahh, but is it decent or is it some crappy Madcatz knockoff that disintegrates after a couple of months? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Also, what's the best kinda deals for a bare PS2 (no games)? Was there any difference between the standard one and the silver one other than the colour?

I brought a PS2 just to play GT and 'The Getaway' tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Looking foward to this one.....I just wish I could afford the £70 steering wheel sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> It has 900deg lock to lock and really strong forces.

LOL

Ok then do u really think that Sony are going to develope a totally new motherboard for their new budget station?

From the Mk1 through to the current mk7 (think mk7 is newest) model each board has used same basic components on the board only different layout. So I doubt it very much that they r gonna change that.

There is NO NEW TECHNOLOGY in the P2 apart from being skinner end of story.

If it aint chipable ill eat my words : )

I'm not saying it isn't going to be chippable, but I wouldn't like to guarantee it.

The original PS2 has stayed the same form factor, power usage, and noise output, since it's been made.

The skinny PS2 (as shown in the picture on the previous page) clearly will not allow the normal PS2 motherboard to fit in - it's about 33% shorter, for one reason! So clearly a new motherboard design will be required, just to make it fit. The skinny PS2 also claims a 70% reduction in noise, which in other words means it generates less heat. This means it needs to use a different, more efficient processor, so a redesign will be required there, as well.

I'm reasonably confident it will be chippable too (mainly because where there's a will there's a way!) but I wouldn't be prepared to place any money on an existing chip solution working - it may, or it may not. And I'm pretty confident that the motherboard will have undergone a substantial redesign, due to the space and heat confines.

But we'll see. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(snoopstah)

The original PS2 has stayed the same form factor, power usage, and noise output, since it's been made.  . smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Its had 3 different dvd lasers as mk1' through 3's had regular burnouts when people used ps2 for dvd films.

Even the new ones still dodgy, although this maybe due to lazer being adjusted to close to disc when chipped

Its also had 2 dvd/cd drive units the silver edition/crystal blue have the special near silent running versions which i suspect will be the ones used in the skinny ps2.

I do see ur point about size X heat but the noise reduction they mean is the dvd motor/cooling fan as this is where the noise comes from and so wont need a new processor.

As for being 33% shorter, take a look at ur expansion bay then imagine the size without it being there, thats what theyve done.

Yes it will need new board but the main components will be the same.