boot light

number63

John is right as usual :P

Take a look at this thread and read down a bit, nice simple way of doing it!

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...=16841&st=0

cheers mate . will look into that , but Im still struggling with getting a live feed as the mod was done on a gti which has the battery in the back. not sure which wire in the pillar is the constant live feed for this .

I fitted one to my Arosa :)

I used a reverse switch (as in one that is off when pressed, and on when not pressed) fitted to one of the rear plastic sections which switched it off when the boot was closed.

I took the live feed from the back of cigarette lighter, and ran the wires behind the dash, along the plastics under the doors, and so into the boot.

Doesn't work anymore though since my cigarette lighter mysteriously stopped working... :(

I fitted one to my Arosa :)

I used a reverse switch (as in one that is off when pressed, and on when not pressed) fitted to one of the rear plastic sections which switched it off when the boot was closed.

I took the live feed from the back of cigarette lighter, and ran the wires behind the dash, along the plastics under the doors, and so into the boot.

Doesn't work anymore though since my cigarette lighter mysteriously stopped working... :(

yeah I was thinking cigarette lighter power might be the best option prob put a led bulb in the boot to keep the voltage down.

There is already a live feed that could be utilised at the back. The wiring for the light in the headlining at the front

runs all the way to the back before going forward again under the headlining.

There is already a live feed that could be utilised at the back. The wiring for the light in the headlining at the front

runs all the way to the back before going forward again under the headlining.

im curious why the headliner light wiring goes to the back and then forward again? do u know which wire to pick out of the loom. its like the olden days when they were disarming a bomb and werent sure which wire to pick . .bbooooooommmm