My cars been attacked

sam bignell

Last night after coming home from the pub watching the football, I gave one of my friends a lift home. Everything was fine dropped him off and went home and had a shower. Whilst in the shower at around 10:45pm a Ford Ka pulled up outside and attacked my car, I looked out of the bathroom window to see what was going on and caught the car speeding off!!!!!

I know who it is and at the time didn't think anything of it apart from them being a bit stupid. I went to my car this morning and it has a large variety of food on it and alot of other stuff - I'm not sure to whether any actually damage has been caused as it was dark when i left for work :angry:

the question i have is that will it be easy to get off? I won't be able to clean my car untill very late tonight and that will have to be a drive through thing as it will be dark. It's a mixture of eggs and other stuff but I'm very worried some actually damage has happened and also that the longer its on the car it may affect the paint?? :confused:

the reason behind why they have done it is due to the person i gave a lift, (a crazy ex girlfriend of his) and yet I've taken the hit :(

I don't want this to turn into a thread about what i shall do in as a result of their actions, just some advise about how to get my car back to its shiny state :censored:

Thanks

Sam

a couple of my mates thought it would be funny so cover my car in flower and egg, and i mean cover, the whole roof was white, i couldnt clean it for 3 days and after it raining and stuff as you can imagine it was pretty shiity...

anyway after finally getting round to cleaning it all i used was a jet wash and it all came off fine :)

p.s the only reason i left it 3 days was because it was on my corsa that was sold to me with a pulling to one side fault, and later found out it cant be fixed so knew the car was going back for definate under the sales of goods act 1979 :P would never leave it on my lupo 3 days :roflmao:

Sorry to hear that.

My Lupo and Mum's Polo have both been hit by eggs hurled at them by yobs, they actually damaged the paint on both car quite badly, mine is silver and is in a place that would require too much respray work so I just try and ignore it. Mums is black and only had 300 miles on the clock when someone hurled an egg at the bonnet, since then no ammount of polish has removed the circle of scratches and chips :(

I would give the car a good wash and wax check for damage (hopefully you will be lucky fingers crossed) if there is maybe report the incident to the local Police?

Good luck I can not understand why people decide to behave in this way, it really is childish.

through a car wash isn't ideal,

try and find a lance based one so you can spray it off rather than using a brish which goes over all your car.

Good idea, i didn't think of that.

I think the best thing to do is wash it in the dark tonight to get rid of the crap,

washing by moonlight :thumbdown:

When Mums car got hit we had been out in the car it was dark and when the egg hit the car we could not see where we were headed as the stuff blew up the bonnet and into the windscreen, switching on the wipers made matters worse. I ended up washing the car at about 1130 at night when we finally got home using warm soapy water and a wash mit, I would recommend using a jet wash at a garage if only to avoid getting the mess around your driveway but I think it will also make it easier to clean you can always do a more through job when you have better weather and more time. If the paintwork has suffered any bleaching I find that a clay bar can remove some light marks caused by bird lime.

I do hope that when its cleaned up your car has not been damaged.

Find the toe rag and use his head as a sponge that way he can repay his debts to you :D

Don't worry there punishment is going to be fair *cough*brutal*cough*

thanks JB1.e

I got home from work last night and then went off to uni. when i got home i washed it with outside the house and I've found most of the egg shell and some other bits and stuck in place :( i then tried a brush and it still won't come off. I'm going to have to wash it thoroughly on friday!!

I'm glad to say i don't think it's been keyd, just got to check to any chips etc from the eyes and other things