New Car

Matty.

Copied my post off another forum;

Still having problems finding myself another car!

Got 9k to play with, but looking to spend around 7ishK on it

After looking at lots of cars, i got it down to a Lupo GTI

Can get an 2005 (54) one, 21k miles, standard, in glasgow. For 7k

But the size inside of it bugs me sometimes, and doesnt the other times

But i dont want to just settle and go for it incase i regret it. I have big big plans for the car and its got a fair bit of potential to it

But after searching around, i came across i can get an Impreza R Sport or GX Sport (any non turbo version) for around the same insurance.

I dont know tyhe differences between GX and R sport, except the R is newer.

However the 0-60 & top speed is the same between the two. Mind you 160bhp subaru and 125 for lupo.

But im vag mad, yeah only my 2nd car but i love vag stuff and know alot about the cars. Also im on alot of forums to do with vag, so familurising (spelling) myself with other forums just because i change my car is a bit of a jump really..

I also looked into A3s, which i can afford, but its the later models or dervs i can only go for. The 2.0 FSI Sport i can go for, however their around 8k for it and 54 reg's.

Looked into golfs too but same story as the A3 really

Also had the Honda Civic Type R or S in my mind but again its not VAG

In the end im still going between the lupo and impreza, the lupo does have potential but its limited really. Stick a 1.8t into it and your a winner, looks good euro'd like hell too

Impreza has more potential really, with the choice of bigger engine when insurance goes down, turboing it, its 4wd which is better too, bigger car too, its more known for being a beast.. which is good and bad

And end of the day... maybe a lupo on the side in a year or two if i go for the sub?

Or euro the subaru lol

Anyone got some insight?

Or would like to add more cars to confuse me?

Been told not to go near a non-turbo subaru as their "slow", but going from a 1.2 ibiza... anything will be faster

out of everything on your list the civic type R will be the most entertaining to drive, but will also be the most thirsty on fuel, it would be a big jump up from a 1.2 ibiza. you could get a really nice one for £8k.

a non turbo scooby is pointless, you could get a turbo'd one for that money anyway.

True, kind of a waste of money at the end of the day when by the time ive got it to the rough same spec, i could just sell it and buy the exact same premade =/

Im going to see the lupo on sunday and will see what happens then, ive liked the lupo for ages now and wanted one for a while

But in a way its downscaling from the ibiza...

2007 to 2005

Quite a bit of room, to not very little room

Just need to sort out the others i have on my list;

Honda civic

A3

Toyota Celica V-VT

Polo GTI, bus is 2400 on insurance

Golf FSI/GT

What do you need the space for?

I'm still young so I'll snap at the chance to own smaller cars or two seaters atm! I dont have a family, my friends can drive there lazy asses around.........therefore go for the lupo! Later on in my life I'll go for the family wagon etc (subaru :P )

with the subaru you'll always know theres a fast model so you'll never be happy......with the Lupo GTI your already at the top so you'll never think dam I should of gone for the turbo version etc

Just need to sort out the others i have on my list;

Honda civic

A3

Toyota Celica V-VT

Polo GTI, bus is 2400 on insurance

Golf FSI/GT

A3 - yeah you could go for one but not as mcuh fun as the lupo

Celica - Really?...

Polo Gti - If your talking about the latest one then yeah I would If I could afford, but still prob not as fun as the loop.

Golf - I guess if you do the miles then this might be worth it but personally still not as fun

Basically you will struggle to find a car that will put as big a smile on your face as the loop GTi.

I smile the whole way to and from work everyday! It's going to be hard to trade that in for anything else when the day comes!

stay away from the scoobys... get a loop stick a 1.8t init.. do sum body mods... happy days u wont regret theres plenty of room in the loop.. A3S ARE NICE THO.. OR A MK1 TT ?? go on e38 maybe sum in there for sale section i know theres a showw tt in there is amazing and you wouldnt have to do any work to it ..not sure on price tho....

Keep your car and get a track car.. I so wished I did this instead of putting all that extra money in to my 1st s2000 and Leon Cupra R. I should have kept the lupo and had a 2nd car.. It would have been so much cheaper

with the subaru you'll always know theres a fast model so you'll never be happy......with the Lupo GTI your already at the top so you'll never think dam I should of gone for the turbo version etc

Yeah thats my main concern, I'd hate the feeling knowing theres something similar but better out there type thing

Keep your car and get a track car.. I so wished I did this instead of putting all that extra money in to my 1st s2000 and Leon Cupra R. I should have kept the lupo and had a 2nd car.. It would have been so much cheaper

My car is currently a 2ft by 2ft square cube right now... sorta hard to keep unless i need a coffee table.. :lol:

My original plan was to get the lupo then save up and when insurance is cheaper get a golf or something else then take the Lupo off the road for keeping/track/shows or whatever :)

Nothing better than having a rare as hell car sitting in your garage nice and warm ;)

Went to see a sub today but was sold, it does look good but only thought going round my head was it was huge plus theres always something better/newer

Just to sort out A3 vrs Lupo now :)

I'm gonna suggest a Skoda Fabia VRs

Good handling for a FWD car, fairly nippy, especially so with a re-map and decent fuel economy.

They are common but you don't see many tastefully modified ones.

There not that great handling standard, a friend of mine had one and I can only describe it like jelly, the traction control would always kick in whe cornering hard and make the car wobble from side to side. :lol:

Id drive a few different cars and see what you like. I went from a lupo sport to my Civic Type-R and there is a massive difference between them, and I imagine you would be very impressed with the performance coming from a 1.2. When I first got it compared to my lupo with arb and coilies the handling was a little scary being a bit tail happy, and I missed the Lupo but now its on coilovers with a fast road set up its a different car the handling and grip is phenomenal.

Don't be limit your choice because of the badge there are some really good cars out there outside the vag group. For me it would either be a lupo gti or the type r, depending on how much insurance and running costs affects you the others are a little bland.

I've got loads of plans for the Lupo if i went for one :lol:

Its just trying to narrow it down to one;

Lupo GTI, A3 & Civic Type S GT

Lupo i can easily get for my money

A3 i can near enough easily get one

Civic will be a challenge to find one, but i like a challenge

Civic euro'd would look sweet though! lol

TT i've looked into but insurance is quite steep

Type-R is too much on insurance

The type-s gt on the facelift version is amazing on insurance, just murder to find one for around 8k

Would prefer the facelift version, because again like the subaru... id always know there was something better out there