Dan's still kinda but not as broken Lupo GTi

DanSN117

Ok, more updates.

After gathering more and more parts and tins of paint, i decided it was time to start fitting stuff.

The ARB was removed and i hammerited it Red, mainly to stop the rust from forming and also as i had half a tin left over from doing the brakes.

Fitted my 280mm carriers and brembo max discs. slightly concerned as the pad only seems to be contacting half the disc at the moment, i think i need to hall the wheels off and have a looksee at whats going on.

Car went in for a full respray (bar the roof) a couple of weeks back. This was done over a weekend by a bloke up in stafford. For the price i paid i am very impressed, it needs finishing down but thats something that i can do myself. Its got a bit of overspray here and there but other than that its spot on. I'm just letting it settle a bit before i attack it with some compound.

I also fitted a sharran rear back, got rid of the ****ty pressed plates and replaced them with some from Dale.

24406010150192909878575.jpg

25034810150192910643575.jpg

25100210150192910138575.jpg

The main part of the caliper that holds the piston needs a lick of paint before we precede any further

Edited by DanSN117

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, probably the biggest update, new wheels!

They are very Marmite, but i love Marmite. OZ Ruotes to be precise, quite an old style rim that came on every WRC car from about 1991 to 1994 and i have always had a soft spot for them. Got the from a bloke in slough, he said he bought them because he liked white wheels and couldnt quite understand why i gave him full asking price, no questions asked.

I got them refurbed with green stickers, a change from the usual read and with green being my favorite colour it seemed the right thing to do. I'm doing something a little different with the little black centre caps, so watch this space

imag0121j.jpg

Comments would be very welcome.

Edited by DanSN117