GTI stats!!

DanGTI

anyone know what are realistic `0-60` and `0-100` times or any other info about the loopy GTI's.....all I know is the book `0-62` (half load) of 8.3 secs (i think).....educate me with your stats!

oh also if anyone can put a comparison against some other cars thatd be really appreciated too. I wanna know how quick one of these beasts will be!

.....and also, what does it cost to tax a GTI?

doesnt seem that bad i was thinking about £160....oh heres a question for GTI owners....

the UK one doesnt seem to have a glovebox, ive done an image search in google and some of the pictures (some i think japanese loops) show a glove compartment as standard.....is this something that can be bought & fitted?

Andy, Think you imagined it - (I think anyway!)

Jap loops seem to come without too - you can see from the recent interior pics of the crash damaged ones.

I think the closest anyone's come to having a glovebox is Darren, who tried fitting the underside of his mate's Polo GTi dash to his loop. He found that the centre console was a slightly different shape, possibly to accomodate climate control.

Lower model MK5 polo dashes might work...

I may get round to trying a `non-Gti` Polo dash sometime. Trimming stuff doesnt bother me...

wheel arches,

front wheels to clear brakes,

front calliper carriers,

front splitter,

Audi rear wiper.

My angle grinder has met nearly every bit of my car so the dash wont worry it.

*edit* I didnt mean the whole dash, just the passenger side lower part and glovebox!