Strange spoiler related phone call...

bossjohnc

Had a call from VW this morning...

They got a new spoiler delivered, but it arrived broken.

Next day (today) they got another spoiler delivered, but it's "Different". Different, but for the loop GTi apparently - they called the parts place and they said that the old spoiler is no longer made, and has been replaced by this new one. The brake light assembly is different, so they need to order a new brake light now!! Hopefully that'll arrive tomorrow and they'll spray it and it'll be ready for Monday.

I'm intregued as to what the difference might be - I suspect it might be something to do with the condensation problem though... we'll see.

the spoiler they have ordered is of epac, and is a optional extra on normal models, it uses the standard brake light that is in the top of the tailgate

PART NUMBER: 6X0 071 6459 AX

the part number you need is 6E0 827 933 D GRU, which does have adiffrent brake light arrangment

Well beleive it - I've just been down there - they had the `non-gti` spoiler in and were prepping it. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

They were adamant that the other spoiler had been discontinued until I showed them the part no that jr gave me, and they then realised their mistake. My friend, I owe you a couple of beers!!!

GTi spoiler now on order - car should be ready Tuesday.

Oh, and they offered me a job in the parts dept!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

lol, you come and work for a good dept like ours in bromley wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

glad your all sorted now mate, if you need a hand with any vw parts gives us a bell