Tom's 1.0 Lupo

tom1985

Thought I'd post some pics of my Loop from how it looked when I got it to how it looks now.

Had a whack in the N/S/R. Also the tail gate and N/S door had took a tap too! Only had 21k on the clock and full VAG service history!

51lupo.jpg

HatchOff.jpg

N/S of the rear beam was bent giving an impressive camber to that side's wheel!

BentAxleOff.jpg

Quick trip to local scrappy for the door, tail gate and rear beam. Genuine N/S/R quarter panel was found on ebay and bought for £75 including delivery!!! :D

DSC00132.jpg

Painted, set of Weitec coilovers and a bargain set of 15X7 Intra alloys For £100 with nearly new tyres from a lad on the local VW forum and she's there for now.

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

Just need to sort my sounds in it. Hoping to sort some 14s or 13s for it and go lower too. Loving it already. Better on fuel than my old mk2 and cheaper to insure! Just what I wanted so I can afford to go nuts with my mk1 Polo!

Good effort dude! I don't think I could ever be arsed to repair something that far gone!

Should feel proud you've saved a Loop :D:lol:

Agreed! That was alot of work that needed doing!

Hats of to you man! You have done a great job!

I would love to find a project car like that and be able to have the time and money to rebuild it!

Top job!

Thanks everyone. Couldn't have done it without my Dad tho! He's the bodywork pro. I've got to teach myself next time with my mk1 Polo which fortunately ain't anywhere near as bad as what this was lol! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well on Dec 6th my Lupo DIED! Got hit be an uninsured **** in a Subaru who drove off. In the hands on the police now but ain't heard ought yet.

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

Really p-ed off as best little car I've owned. Running around in a mint Volvo 340 slammed on the G60s for the moment while I finish my Mk1 Polo but decided I will get another Loop! If the MIB don't pay out I'll break her up for spares.

No slammage pics yet but looks like this, only its 80mm lower now lol

DSC00023.jpg

only done 27k, loads of history. Just got to get wide 13s on it and spray the bonnet and bootlid body colour again!

Inspirational photo!!!! :lol:

3Medium-1.jpg

alright mate, did the front indicator panel make it in 1 piece? was it replaced with a genuine vw one when the car was repaired? if so pm me with a price for that aswell as all the other bits i am having from you

it looks like it made it ok

Edited by TomStevo

ohh man wtf :( cant believe its dead again!

FIZ IT FIX IT! tongue.gif

Shell got twisted, depending how level the ground is where you park it you either open the passenger door or you don't! Alsothe roof its either floppy or tight depending on the ground lol!