Sounding fruity (File link corrected now)

Crusoe

Made some adjustments so it's quite loud now. All of third gear from inside on my phone in the clip :)

Ignore, link now here

http://www.zshare.net/download/537542316a10d13e/

Edited by Crusoe

Mac users... Uploaded and posted from my phone so only way I could host and link it. Some of us aren't up all night for work :) You making some extra cash on nights to pay for all the holidays and camera gear?

Had the z4 so loud it was genuinely painful but put one of the acoustic bungs back in and now it's just slightly antisocial :D Your S2k going well, no spoiler, snorkle or exhaust on the shopping list?

Not at work, on my mobile and starting new year celebrations early :D photo hosting easy to find but sound files are a pain. Ian you should have the file in your mail if you can re-host.

ok i got it working in the end.. but only audio... sounds very nice....

look forward to knowing what you done....

Was just a small sound file, you'll just have to describe it to everyone else lol. Sounds angry and more s2000ish though doesn't it. No video encase the private road or speedo could be made out ;)

i like the sound of the straight six..... what does it rev too?

it sounded higher pitched than imagined... it was a small sound file....

Revs to 7k in the 3lr, fully in it's stride from 2k so very tractable. Noise filters usually tune out most of the high pitched sound. On the 3lr only there is delete option of a resonating chamber that attaches back to the passenger firewall to feed back more engine noise to the driver. If you then take that apart you find it is fitted with two accustic foam dampers to quieten it down. A two minute job to get it to ear plugs required levels then add some back to suit :) will post some pics when I get back to work.

does it make it louder from the outside too? the s2000 has the air box lid removed so it has the open filter... its a lot louder and deeper from the outside....

Not sure if it's louder from the outside, only seems to open the valve that feeds the resonator at full throttle so it's just loud when you want it to be but still quiet at a cruise or in town

3173589358_145fb0e415_o.jpg

Foam shown comes out of a pipe just below where it's sitting that runs from the side of the engine block into the firewall.

3173595418_f1c8e3bfdb.jpg

3173595514_6baa9a3afc.jpg

NEW LINK for the file now hosted as sound that plays on real player on my machine

http://www.zshare.net/download/537542316a10d13e/

because you are defective? I've tried it and it works fine, link takes you to a hit here to download, you wait the 20sec and hit the click here to start download, save and open.

Edited by Crusoe