dealer service - be warned!

Thats crap.

My car is over heating in trafic jams becausr VW have damaged my fan replaceing the wireing loom.

I thought I paild VAG prices beacause I was gettin good service.

I'll not buy VW agan unless they book there ideas up.

QUOTE(snoopstah)
And what caused the wiring loom to fail, remind me?

Im not certain mate.

The German VW engerneer couldnt find the cause.

He susspected that we had chipped the ECU.

But as we all know, the ECU is sealed, so I guess we'll never know.

Even so, you think that if an important connection is damaged it is ok for them not to notice?

Surelly the Harness should be checked after the work had been completed?

QUOTE(ArosaDan)
just out of interested whats a normal quote for a 10k service, like i said mine was 3105 my gf just got quoted £178 and its a 1.0l?

dealerships just dont seem to have a clue

Dan our dealership charge £70 for 10k service

And £120 for 20k service.

That sounds very expencive what they have quoted your girl friend.

Is it a independent dealership?

Yeah, a Seat dealer can perform a service on a VW, and you'll keep your warranty.

To be fair, a wiring loom is a hellishly complicated thing to retrofit - I'm amazed you've only managed to find one thing that doesn't work correctly!

I thought only the GTI ecu was sealed with glue? Probably wrong though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

dealers always feck up, nearly everytime both my gf and me have taken our cars in for work theyve come back either with a new problem....or a new dent.

DSCF0026.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

My car will be going in for its 2nd service (will be 2 years old by then). Do I have to get it done every year then as I don't do many miles in the Arosa. When the warrenty has run out can I get it done less regularly? Sorry if I sound daft but with only doing about 6000m/year at most atm (student...no job so no commuting atm) servicing is a ******!

Basically, you need an inspection service every 12 months, and an oil change service every 10,000 miles, as well as a few extras at milestone mileages (20,000, 40,000, etc).

If the inspection and oil change services come close to each other they're usually done together. If you don't do a lot of miles (my Lupo covered 6,200 miles in its first 26 months of ownership) then you still need the inspection service every 12 months (which unfortunately is the expensive one).

As you've guessed, if you don't get this, your warranty is invalid. Obviously, there's nothing to stop you not bothering servicing it when the warranty expires, but you may have more issues when selling it.