dealer service - be warned!

Yeah, basically you can get your service done by any qualifying mechanic, and you should keep the warranty. I'd expect to get heat from the dealer when you take it in for warranty work though, similar to the 'we won't do anything with imported cars' rubbish some dealers used to spout.

Having said that, I know some people who have had servicing done at Seat/Skoda garages and had no problems claiming on the VW warranty - since the engines are the same, they should know what they're doing, and you might get a much better price. Just bear in mind you might have to make a fuss to VW Customer Service if the dealer decides to play hardball.

Thanks snoop looks like another £100 odd next month then for the inspection service sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Can I get it done at a VW garage instead of a Seat one and not affect the warranty? Plus how do Seat and VW inspection services compare on price - more at VW if some take their's to Seat garages I guess?