wheels

DanGTI

ok....ive decided once ive got my windows done in a couple of weeks Ill get some money together for a set of wheels; I need opinions on size - 15 or 16 inch? also what offset do I need? and what does everyone think for looks....

split rims with a chrome / polished deep bit?

'normal' wheels, or...

fully chromed ones - maybe some refurbed porsche?

I just need some ideas for now cos cant think what will look the best.

You could also go for 215/35/16 if you wanted that low profile look, but ride quality may be harsh, and I bet they cost a fair penny. 1.5% difference in rolling radius.

Edit, yes, Pirelli P Zero Nero (supposed to be awesome) are 105 quid a corner from Mytyres! :?

how wide can you go on an arosa / loop? yeah i think 35 profile might be a bit too harsh.....and prob quite expensive....

dunno what type i prefer - probably deep dish for small wheels (14 or 15's), I like BBS but theyre pricey and want summin thatll really catch your eye but also suit the car.....seen these I like though............

tswwheel.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

(sorry the pic is cack quality)

If you have a word with Blackrat.

He seen of a set of 8"x15" bbs alloys that need a referb.

I think they are £450. It may take you a few days to clean them up, and maybe be refurbed, but would be a great investment.

I think Clifford told me they havent made any in ten years!

IMO size depends on the engin, everything over 75bhp should have no trouble with 16's otherwise stick to 15's, i'd get 8x15 if i were you, but again i like deep dish. Some RH CupRad, Borbet BS, Schmidt Modern Line...

lol @ Si tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(ArosaDan)
also I like twisty `b-roads` chromes.....what are they, where do i find them and how much!?

I love them too.

Dont think he'll tell you where there from though.

PM Breal

He is wanting to sell his Borbets, hes only had them about 6 months, and have got 205/40/15 Dunlop 8000s on them.

I told him to pm you about them this morning, as I think you'll like them.

I was thinking about them but something else came up.

These are his wheels.

483H0024.jpg

lol dunno why it is, 1st time I saw them in the flesh I asked and he wouldnt say.

12 months later I still dont know where there from lmao

But thats why you dont see any more around :wink:

Reason I prefere 15s is then I can afford top quality tyres.

Beacuse not many people buy 16s the price of the tyres is more expencive than if you were buying 17s!

:shock: