Finally

seangreen04

there compomotives mate, there lovely , waiting to get tyres for them , thinking about some pirelli drago 5000 175/50/13

so hopefully get some nice stretch on them. Still a bit worried about the arches on the rear needing rolled thought but wait and see. trying to find someone to do a photoshop of the wheels with orange centres but no such luck..

Sean

If i get home tonight i'll photoshop that for you

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with 175/50 Yokos or Conti Sports personally.

ye think i may go with the yokos after your insight.

Quick question... is it illegall to cut your rear springs? Theres a topic on here somehere about the back not being low enough and i have the same problem, the rear adjusters are also out. is my only option to change rear coilies or put something in the back again, at the moment everything from the back of the car is out, including spare wheel, seats and belts etc.

Sean

Sean, have you a side profile pic or a closer image of the car at all? It would make it easier for me to photoshop as the pictures on page one are a bit dark and my attempts at putting your wheels on are coming out crap!

IMG_0820.jpg

that any good bud?

You snooze you loooze :lol:

You could always have 2 sets of springs. Daily springs and MOT springs :huh:

does that mean ye its illegal then? where can i order a set of springs and how do i go about cutting them?

sean

Its a bit of a grey area to be honest. I dunno where you'd go about getting a set of rear springs but I'dd just contact somewhere that sells full kits and ask if they can supply just rear springs.

As for cutting, just cut one coil at a time with a grinder. Just cut one, re-fit and see if thats okay, if not cut more until its okay. You can just jump in at the deep end and cut a few out. But if you cut to many out then you can't exactly put them back! So your best of doing it one by one.

everything ive heard about cutting springs sounds bad

they are progressive damping springs if you cut out a ring you loose the progressive dampening and as simpo said they will fall out which isnt good if your doing over 2mph

imo it aint worth the agro

(im turning into my dad)

Yeah iv met a few guys who have always cut their rear springs...

i think il look into that then and just change them come MOT time.

So add another set of springs to my list..

Would be possible to use the standard springs that come on the car as i still have them lying around somewhere?

Sean

Just oredered the tyres, went with the yokos in the end, they will be getting fitted next monday... another whole week to wait. yay. Got someone to cut the springs oragnised. Decided im going to give it a try with the standard springs and see how bad the ride actually is, will stil get some proper springs but these would be heading for the bin anyway as clearning out shed.

Regarding the orange theme, if im not going with the orange centre wheels do i go for orange calipers? i think that almost a certainty. BUT what about badges? again i was thinking orange or black or even standard, i dont want just loads of random bits of orange on the car, i think thats too much. hmm

decisions...