tigz new smoothed bumper

paulbin

haha well not really but i took this picture to see wot it would look like and it looks very smart, might just have to do it with mine

smoothrearbumper.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

dont suppose anyone got a picture of the front of his car??

That looks great mate, I really wanna do this, looks so cool.

Ive got a front pic, but we're off to bed as we've just walked through the door.

I'll post it tomorrow after work.

Thats much better than any of my chops!

Yes mate, bought a GTi interior from GTi Internatonal this year.

£110!

I did a chop before of my car with a smoothed rear bumper, but it looked no where near as good as that.

I think now the show season is over the body filler is coming out!

Yup... you gotta sollidify the inside of the bumper (the bit you dont see) with tonnes of fibreglass. On the outside you wanna use such a light amount of p38. make sure you sand the original bits really rough first (with about 80grit paper) else the filer will peel.

what so I fibre glass the inside of the bumpers to join them together, then use filler on the outside?

Yup. That way your bumper is a lot more solid and shouldn't flex, thus avoiding cracks!!

QUOTE(loudlupo)
Andi, I reckon the second one looks best. Keep the number plate but smooth everything else.

I agree Max, been wanting to do it for a while. But wanted to do it once the show season was over.

I guess thats about now.

Matt I cant do everything at once, after Ive spent a Further £350 on an amp, £500 on coilovers £200 on new comps, then I'll possably think about replaceing the wheels (which I still like) with the Splits that I have had my eye on for a while.. ya know the ones? The ones that people who read my posts would have known about? :x

S'ok mate, its just I dont ever say I dont like something on anyones car, I dont tell them, as I dont like it if someone says something they dont like about mine.

The reason I bought those wheels is because you have to make your car really special before fitting the wheels I want to fit, other wise I just look like I went for easy option.

My cars not ready for them yet.

I want them to be brand new for the show season.

The Fox's are easy to wear because they are a "safe" wheel.