MK2 arosa with misted up front headlamp

rich h

Hello all - Picked up my canica blue arosa tdi on Sunday and am made up with it.

One of the front headlamps is misted up but has no cracks. Not had time to look at it from the back so the moisture could be coming in there. Just wondered really if these lights are easy to take off and apart should it need to be done..

Thanks

Rich

Nice choice in car :D

They are a right paint to get at on the TDi, as there is so little space.

The easiest thing is to remove the front bumper, so im told, and thats not exactly easy either!

One thing you could do, that i know a couple have tried, is to drill a tiny hole in the back of each light for ventilation, then when its dried out fill the hole.

You could try cliping the backs off slightly and leaving it but you cant leave it in the damp, or use a hair dryer to get the moisture out. Although as i said, its a pain to get the backs off on a TDi Arosa

Luckily mine dont suffer from this, i get it sometimes if ive been driving in heavy rain for a while, but other wise its good. So im thinking there must be a suspect seal somewhere.

Edited by cardaft

Nice choice in car :D

They are a right paint to get at on the TDi, as there is so little space.

The easiest thing is to remove the front bumper, so im told, and thats not exactly easy either!

One thing you could do, that i know a couple have tried, is to drill a tiny hole in the back of each light for ventilation, then when its dried out fill the hole.

You could try cliping the backs off slightly and leaving it but you cant leave it in the damp, or use a hair dryer to get the moisture out. Although as i said, its a pain to get the backs off on a TDi Arosa

Luckily mine dont suffer from this, i get it sometimes if ive been driving in heavy rain for a while, but other wise its good. So im thinking there must be a suspect seal somewhere.

Cheers for the responses.

I'll check it out as it spoils the look of the slylish front end. Love the look of the front clusters.

I have it on my nearside light too. Worse since I put new bulbs in, so I am thinking I haven't sealed the back cover on correctly.

It's a right pig to get it to seat correctly. I removed the battery, but still had trouble.

trust me mate, you want to make the most of the canica blue, spray the badge up that colour it looks a lot better than black, i went off the black badge on mine after a week so canica it was and canica it stayed :)

Not convinced yet.. You got a pic to convince me with?

i was told once to put a towel over the light and leave the full beam on for a while! never tried it so not sure if it worked. :P

I tried this tonight and the full beam bulb got so hot it's melted the plastic lense. Looks like I'll be getting a new headlamp after all.

Anyone got one for sale? Drivers side.

Thanks

Rich