.wav editor

Unheard

I have not really done much audio editing since college and we use to use Sonic Foundry Sound Forge then.

After sony flashed the cash and got hold of it it went down hill. Now i am looking for a good .wav editor.

I don't want to spend much time googling and reading up on programs. I usually do but i just need to get a

job done done without the bother of finding what is and is not through the usual process.

So does anyone know of a good wav editor that has some nice noise reduction processing and good track mark options?

I am out of touch with audio software.

Audacity is very good

I shall download and give that a go its may be a bit basic all though that is how open source tend to look but it is amazing

how pro features find them self in open source.

I've still got a copy of Sound Forge 5.0 for windows and I've not even got a windows computer lol...

I'm using Bias Peak on the Mac at the moment though. Love it!

Unfortunately i don't have a mac and the one i do get to use is film only. I have been thinking of

getting a macbook but cant really part with the cash as normal laptops cost so little. I somehow feel i can

do everything i need for less.

I kept using sound forge 5 after 6 came out for a long time. I cant remember what exactly sony messed with but it pissed

me off so much i downgraded. I should really give it a go again but i was put off.

Audio editing was always much better on a mac, Cakewalk Vs Cubase no contest and that allways bugged me as i was

stuck with Cakewalk on my laptop

I used Audition v1.5 when adobe were making a big thing of it but i didnt think much.

All i need to do is cut down and clean up an interview to put on CD so nothing special. It has lots of noise and some clipping as it was

recorded on a little digital dictaphone with a stupid little dynamic mic. I may get better results just high passing the whole thing to get

rid of the noise but the voice will end up sounding like a 1950s recording lol. A quick fix making it much better to actually

distinguish what is being said.

I'll be selling my 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo macbook soon with 2.0gb Ram, 200gb 7200rpm SATA Hard drive.

How much are you after i may be tempted?

I use Adobe Audition....

Did you use it on the early versions, has it improved much?

Steinberg's Wavelab has done the job for me over the last few years. Dabbled with a couple of the others mentioned, but always stuck with Wavelab for some reason.

Will that run on windows? I really liked using Cubase

Pro Tools....................................

I use to have an M-audio Audiophile sound card, it went pop and welded its self

into my motherboard i think it was the power supply but i still didnt really want

to get another after that lol. I replaced it with an Aureon 7.1 firewire so i could plug it into my laptop

I didnt really know they made programs as well as hardware

I went to a friends in the end he has something called BIAS Peak Pro on his mac. I was really very impressed

with it. I don't know if they do it for windows but i want it :lol:

How much are you after i may be tempted?

Originally cost me £1k, £80 for Leopard, £200 for the HDD, and £100 for the Ram upgrade so it Owes me £1380...

Two years old (Upgrade parts only 1 year old) I'd be looking for £500. Any less I'd just keep it as it wouldn't be worth me selling.

Only fault with it is a mark on the screen (does not affect screen performance as it is behind the LCD)