Good/Bad Idea..

Been thinking about removing the hight adjusters on my rear coilovers, there wound completely down at the moment but can always go lower!! good idea?

How easy can it be done/how do I do it?

Cheers :shades:

Edited by electricpanda

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh im sorry Daniel, was it not you that dented your sump yesterday coz your car was too low?! Called us all bullies for making you lower your car? Now you are going to remove your adjusters?!

Naughty boy danny, naughty boy :P

did you install them yourself?

jack the rear up on axel stands.

undo rear shock bolt at the bottom, take care here, best to use the jack on the rear axel to stop any sudden movement

undo bottom bolt that holds the cup on,

take off cup to remove adjuster plate,

refix cup (or not),

raise the axel back up with jack while lining up the rear springs,

refix bottom rear shock bolt.

done.

Na simpo had them on before I bought it.

Doesnt sound too tricky, thought Id have had to take them to pieces and I dont have a spring compressor anymore..

Thanks alot mate :)

Edited by electricpanda

Could always screw off the top cup from the adjuster, so going the middle ground between taking them out. I never felt the need to go lower at the back but I ran 14's with 40 profile tyres. :shades: So a new wheel tyre combo would also do the trick ;)

So a new wheel tyre combo would also do the trick ;)

Still trying to decide what wheels I want! :lol:

Which would be easier way to remove, top one or bottom one? :wacko:

Aswell out of curiosity how can I tell how much lower I am than standard? Insurance says keep less than 50mm....

At the moment the front bumper is about as high off the floor as a can of coke on its side and the sump obviously lower. The back will be without adjusters?

Thanks youuuuuuuuuuu :D :D :D

Edited by electricpanda

Still trying to decide what wheels I want! :lol:

Which would be easier way to remove, top one or bottom one? :wacko:

Aswell out of curiosity how can I tell how much lower I am than standard? Insurance says keep less than 50mm....

At the moment the front bumper is about as high off the floor as a can of coke on its side and the sump obviously lower. The back will be without adjusters?

Thanks youuuuuuuuuuu :D :D :D

The top one, take the springs out and just keep raising the top cup till it screws off the top and then put it in the garrage. Think your probably lower than 50mm as most coilovers are about a 40mm drop when set at the maximum height and obviously your much lower. At a guess your probably 70-80mm down, get it lower. :rolleyes:

Not sure but I dont fancy removing the whole of my adjuster. Plus If mine went down 40mm more then I'd be dragging my ass lol

Also you have to think about the shocks, the shocks have bin designed with the adjusters and coil if you mess to much then the shocks wont work to the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha my jack collapased when I had my head under last month, if it hadnt griped at the bottom my head would have gone pop! :lol:

I did have some and a spring compressor but they were stolen a few months back :(

Ill try source some!! Thanks anyway :)

You wont really need spring compressors as by the time the car is jacked up the rear beam drops and there is very little tension in the springs. I would use axel stands though as widow makers and the like are very dangerous. :shades: